cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Account to My Mother's Name

MoniqueMCK
I've been around

Hi. I've just switched my elderly mother over to paperless billing. Along with that I downloaded the Roger's app and set up her account.

When I logged into the new account, i was greeted with my father's name. My father passed away 11 years ago.

My mother kept the same account going but has tried to change to change the name on the account multiple times (by phoning customer service) from her deceased husband to her own name.

No luck, in spite of assurances that it's all been taken care of.

I went into the app to see if I could so it myself. Seems like it cannot be done.

I don't want my mother to he greeted by my father's name every time she logs into the app. Ages been getting a monthly bill mailed to her in my father's name now for 11 years.

Anybody got a clue how to get this done?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transferring Account to My Mother's Name

RogersZia

Good evening @MoniqueMCK,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can imagine it can be upsetting for your mom and I'd want to try and help you as best as I can. Typically if an account holder passes away a family member can assume financial responsibility of the account with a few stipulations. I'd have a better understanding of the situation once I am able to review the account in question. Since the Community is a public platform, I would recommend you to send us a private message @CommunityHelps for further assistance. You can click here to learn more about our private message system. 

Looking forward to hearing from you :).

RogersZia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Transferring Account to My Mother's Name

RogersZia

Good evening @MoniqueMCK,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can imagine it can be upsetting for your mom and I'd want to try and help you as best as I can. Typically if an account holder passes away a family member can assume financial responsibility of the account with a few stipulations. I'd have a better understanding of the situation once I am able to review the account in question. Since the Community is a public platform, I would recommend you to send us a private message @CommunityHelps for further assistance. You can click here to learn more about our private message system. 

Looking forward to hearing from you :).

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation