cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Exemption/Exempt

Jand89
I've been around

How do you get the tax exempt for Rogers? is there a form someone can point me to?

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Tax Exemption/Exempt

Greetings @chrisuz91!

We appreciate you sharing your concern with the Rogers Community so we can help!

I haven't heard of there being an issue when trying to fax documents to our Back Office Team, how odd! Let's review the Tax Exemption process to be sure you have all of the correct details on hand.

First Nations citizens who reside on a reserve in Ontario are eligible to receive a tax exemption for HST (8%) and it can be applied once proper documentation is received. Documentation can only be mailed or faxed into us as follows:

By Fax: 1-800-219-6473

By Mail: 100 Westmorland St, Moncton, NB E1C 0G1

Here is a list of the documentation that is required:

• Customer’s name.
• Account number(s).
• List of subscribers to be exempted.
• Contact phone number.

If the documentation is not sufficient, a letter will be mailed to the customer to let them know the request was not processed.

**Please note: The tax exemption takes effect on the date the Back Office Team receives the supporting documentation and not the date the request was made.

@chrisuz91, can you kindly clarify if the fax number indicated above is the one you've been using to fax your information to?

Thank you,
RogersLaura

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jand89,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for posting your query.

In order to determine eligibility, we would need to verify some info. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersCilio

chadkuiper
I've been here awhile

You do not make the process as easy as it should be. Could you please leave a list of info needed here as well as whom to address the fax to if faxing info please and thanks. example-

@RogersCilio wrote:

Hello @Jand89,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for posting your query.

In order to determine eligibility, we would need to verify some info. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersCilio

Hi @chadkuiper,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

I can appreciate how arduous dealing with taxes can be. Just a couple points to mention:

• All eligible numbers in your account will get the same tax exemption.
  • Once we receive supporting documentation, the exemption and adjustments will start on the following bill. We can’t backdate these changes to previous bills.

If you’re eligible for a tax exemption, you can mail or fax your request to:

Fax: 1-888-290-3436

Mailing address:
100 Westmorland St
Moncton, NB E1C 0G1

Your request must contain the following information:

• Your name
  • Account number(s)
  • List of subscribers to be exempted
  • Contact phone number
  • Supporting documents, if applicable

Note: Your request cannot be processed by phone or live chat.

Application of tax exemption

After the tax exemption is approved, it is applied at the account level. All subscriptions on the account will receive the same exemption.

Note: If your account has multiple phone lines and only one subscriber qualifies for the tax exemption, the eligible phone line will be moved to a new account.

Effective date for tax exemption

The tax exemption takes effect after we receive the supporting documentation and approve the request. The tax exemption cannot be applied to previous invoices.

For any other inquiries you can also reach out to RogersAccountTaxExemption@rci.rogers.com

Hope this helps. Have a good weekend!

RogersCilio

chrisuz91
I plan to stick around
Hello,

I have tried to fax this off four times between 6AM and 12PM and there is a constant busy signal and have been unsuccessful. How do I get around this without mailing the form?
Rogers makes it difficult to facilitate something I am entitled to.

Thanks.

Greetings @chrisuz91!

We appreciate you sharing your concern with the Rogers Community so we can help!

I haven't heard of there being an issue when trying to fax documents to our Back Office Team, how odd! Let's review the Tax Exemption process to be sure you have all of the correct details on hand.

First Nations citizens who reside on a reserve in Ontario are eligible to receive a tax exemption for HST (8%) and it can be applied once proper documentation is received. Documentation can only be mailed or faxed into us as follows:

By Fax: 1-800-219-6473

By Mail: 100 Westmorland St, Moncton, NB E1C 0G1

Here is a list of the documentation that is required:

• Customer’s name.
• Account number(s).
• List of subscribers to be exempted.
• Contact phone number.

If the documentation is not sufficient, a letter will be mailed to the customer to let them know the request was not processed.

**Please note: The tax exemption takes effect on the date the Back Office Team receives the supporting documentation and not the date the request was made.

@chrisuz91, can you kindly clarify if the fax number indicated above is the one you've been using to fax your information to?

Thank you,
RogersLaura

chrisuz91
I plan to stick around
Hi Laura,

Thanks for providing the new fax number in your post. It was successfully sent!

Kwecl
I've been around

Trying to get my account tax exempt.

Hello, @Kwecl

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to ensure the Tax Exemption is applied to your account so we definitely want to ensure you are aware of the process to have this done.

Please refer to Post 6 of this thread from RogersLaura for the specific steps on how this is done. Please be advised that it can only be done via Fax or Mail.

Thanks for posting your inquiry in our Community.

RogersTony

If you don't live on a reserve, are you still eligible?

Hello and welcome to the Community @cole31,

You've definitely come to the right place :). To determine if you’re eligible for a tax exemption, please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Once we confirm eligibility, you can mail or fax your request to:

Fax: 1-800-219-6473

Mailing address:
100 Westmorland St
Moncton, NB E1C 0G1

Your request must contain the following information:

• Your name
  • Account number(s)
  • List of subscribers to be exempted
  • Contact phone number
  • Supporting documents, if applicable

Please be advised, your request cannot be processed by phone or live chat.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

KrysM
I've been around

@cole31 

Yes, of course.  Its the same as any Point of Sale transaction.

Hello,  I have sent my fax today.  When will i get a confirmation or reply to when it is in effect.

Regards,

Monique

Hello @moniquejokinen,

A warm welcome to our Rogers Community and I hope all is well at your end. Thanks for your first post and what a great question! 😊

Due to COVID-19, it can take between 2-3 weeks for the tax exemption to be added to your account. The exemption will be backdated to the date that we received your documentation.

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura

I have been having issues getting the exemption applied since it was approved on March 2nd ,2019..every month I call and spend at least an hour on the phone with an agent who tells me it is "fixed". The next month the same thing happens and here we are in July 2019! I am not impressed with customer service at all! I will refax my info in hopes that it will be applied correctly. Shelley 

Hello, @shelleymills01

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it has been waiting for such a long time to get your tax exemption approved. We are hopeful that everything will get resolved this time around.

Please let us know how it goes for you. If you are still having issues we can take a closer look.

RogersTony

Liltunechi25
I've been around

how do i apply for this TaxExemption

Hi @Liltunechi25,

Thank you for your very first post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! We hope you are enjoying it here. 

I see you have reached out to us already in PM. We will be happy to continue the conversation there to assist you further. 

Thank you,
RogersJermaine

SO I have been living on Piikani Nation aka Brocket, AB for the past 4 years.  I am requesting to get credit back for the GST I have been paying on my bill.  What are the steps I need to do to get this credit 

Hello, @jodylynn72.

Thank you for your query, and welcome to our Community! 

We have discussed similar questions in this thread; I hope you have already browsed through the conversation. 

Tax exemption can't be backdated; it takes effect the date we receive the supporting documentation. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps to determine the eligibility. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

LD2130
I've been around
I live on reserve, shouldn’t I be getting tax exempt for my services?
Topic Stats