cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Backorder

Jax613
I plan to stick around

Hey all,

Was wondering if there's anyone at Rogers that can chime in on when they are expecting the S21 Ultra's?  The generic 3-4 weeks is a little off putting.  Those that are waiting also have a limited amount of time to take advantage of the Samsung free Chromebook 4.  Would suck to miss out on that due to the phone being backordered through no fault of our own (it was not mentioned on the ordering page that there was no stock).

Anyways, I hope I didn't come off as rude/or snobby.  Just looking forward to having a new gadget to fiddle with.

Thank you!

**Labels Added**

94 REPLIES 94

Re: S21 Ultra Backorder

aqd84
I plan to stick around
Hahha. Let's hope you get it!!

I contacted Rogers about it today they said it's a scam email and not true, which is weird because it is definitely the most convincing scam email I've ever seen.

Fernie
I'm here a lot
Also Rogers told me it is likely 1-2 weeks till I receive my order.

aqd84
I plan to stick around
I hope they are right. But how can it be a scam?

aqd84
I plan to stick around

So I called Rogers to confirm, and they said that email is REAL. S21 ultra 256 is out of stock and they will not be getting any more. So I asked them since pixel 6 is coming out on the 19th. If I can get that with the deal I got with the ultra. They said they do not know and will call me back in 5 days. What a joke. They better give me a deal.

Jax613
I plan to stick around

Yeah you better get something good out of all of this. At the very least Rogers should give you a discount on whatever phone you want really.

I also chatted with Rogers this morning and the guy told me that it looks like my order is still good. No mention of not receiving it.

So who knows what's going on over there. As a side note, I told the guy this too. He was great, answered everything, no issue at all. The robotic pre made lines that Rogers has their employees say is honestly probably the more frustrating part. Just act as a human being. Interact naturally. I really don't care about you saying "I'm sorry to see that you are dealing with this. I can definitely look into this for you and be happy to assist". It's the same line every time lol. I know I'm getting side tracked here but whoever puts these things in place needs a new job. Just be human with people. Doesn't need to be a pity party. That's my rant for the day lol.

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
256 GB ?

aqd84
I plan to stick around
128 and 256

Fernie
I'm here a lot
That's so weird because I was told the email is fraudulent, that my order is still a-go, etc. Very very weird. If it turns out the email is real this is going to inspire a few more live chats from me because... how do you mess up this bad? LOL! Several different departments not seeing anything in relation to the email, etc. Wild. I don't even know what phone I want now.

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
Sweet. When did you order the 256 GB ? I ordered September 5th.

I ordered September 15th!

aqd84
I plan to stick around
I ordered the 5th, before you even and they said it's sold out. So who knows

akshatparikh
I plan to stick around
I ordered August 28 and did not get any email from Rogers yet. Checked spam too!!

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
Lucky you. My email is legit. Rogers told me the 256 GB version is out of stock and they are not getting anymore. I am going with the Note 20 Ultra which I confirmed is in stock. Getting a call Monday morning to make the change.

Jax613
I plan to stick around

I sincerely hope you got a deal. When I ordered the 256gb back in August it was on a back to school plan. Something like $28 a month. If I get into your predicament, there's no way I'm accepting a phone at $40+ a month.

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
I'll have a nice chat with the Rogers rep that's for sure. When I ordered mine in September it was $23 per month so yeah I better get something for the trouble or I'm looking for a new carrier

Yes I just got a call from Rogers saying no, the representative was incorrect with me, it was a legit email after all. They're offering the 128gb model to replace it HOWEVER that isn't expected to be delivered until mid or late November, and they could not guarantee it would be delivered at all, much like the 256gb model.
No discount, nothing. We've cancelled the order. I'm looking elsewhere.

akshatparikh
I plan to stick around

Did anyone get any updates for the phone? Anyone who ordered in August? 

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
If it's the 256 GB you ordered than as far as I know they won't have any. They say the 128 GB will be delivered in 4 weeks but some stores have some. Bovaird and Hurontario location has/had 1 of the 128 GB

aqd84
I plan to stick around
Wow still nothing eh...I cancelled my order and got the pixel 6 pro. Hopefully Rogers don't let me down this time.

akshatparikh
I plan to stick around

I will call them today and go with 128 GB if they don't have a 256GB one!!

Topic Stats
  • 94 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 in conversation