cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers not reporting to Equifax

AJCanada
I've been here awhile
Hi!

I recently checked my credit reports from Equifax and Transunion and discovered that Rogers is only reporting my payments to Transunion.

I’ve called Rogers about this and no one was able to help me. I also called Equifax and the customer service rep told me that this is something Rogers has to do on their end.

I would like this sorted out so my credit reports match.

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers not reporting to Equifax

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to add to this, companies in Canada don't necessarily use both credit reporting agencies.  As you noted, Rogers appears to report to Transunion, and not to Equifax.  That's a company choice.  No one can force a company to report to both agencies, however, some companies and banks will request more data from the secondary agency, depending on the credit application.  

Have a look at the following site, and the specific sections indicated below:

https://loanscanada.ca/credit/which-credit-bureau-do-lenders-check-in-canada/

Which Banks Use Equifax Canada?

Which Banks Use Transunion Canada?

What Credit Bureau Do Credit Card Companies Pull From?

In that last list, it shows Rogers Wireless/Fido pulling reports from TransUnion, which you have indicated your dissatisfaction with.  That probably means that Rogers/Fido also report to Transunion only.  I doubt that anything can be done to force a secondary report to Equifax, but, hey, it never hurts to ask the question.  The end result will be up to any existing credit report selections that might be available to Rogers staff.  If there isn't an existing selection available for Equifax, then I doubt that anything will, or can be done. 

There is another site somewhere that has a similar list of which company uses Transunion versus Equifax, just can't seem to find it at the moment.  

Fwiw, the two credit reports from Transunion and Equifax probably won't match exactly due to how the companies run their own proprietary calculations. They will probably be close, but not exactly matched.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersJermaine

Hi @AJCanada,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for posting your concern. 

We can take a look at this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries click here.

Cheers
RogersJermaine

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to add to this, companies in Canada don't necessarily use both credit reporting agencies.  As you noted, Rogers appears to report to Transunion, and not to Equifax.  That's a company choice.  No one can force a company to report to both agencies, however, some companies and banks will request more data from the secondary agency, depending on the credit application.  

Have a look at the following site, and the specific sections indicated below:

https://loanscanada.ca/credit/which-credit-bureau-do-lenders-check-in-canada/

Which Banks Use Equifax Canada?

Which Banks Use Transunion Canada?

What Credit Bureau Do Credit Card Companies Pull From?

In that last list, it shows Rogers Wireless/Fido pulling reports from TransUnion, which you have indicated your dissatisfaction with.  That probably means that Rogers/Fido also report to Transunion only.  I doubt that anything can be done to force a secondary report to Equifax, but, hey, it never hurts to ask the question.  The end result will be up to any existing credit report selections that might be available to Rogers staff.  If there isn't an existing selection available for Equifax, then I doubt that anything will, or can be done. 

There is another site somewhere that has a similar list of which company uses Transunion versus Equifax, just can't seem to find it at the moment.  

Fwiw, the two credit reports from Transunion and Equifax probably won't match exactly due to how the companies run their own proprietary calculations. They will probably be close, but not exactly matched.

AJCanada
I've been here awhile
Thank you for the explanation!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I was a teenager I got a Rogers cellphone and line, this was my FIRST ever credit inquiry so Rogers gave the info to Transunion.  It turned out there was a spelling mistake on my last name by the Rogers, after that my credit report has always had the incorrect last name, oh well.

khodorb
I've been around

i have the same issue , i have a rogers open account on equifax but it is closed with transunion since 2019 , i called equifax they said i need to check with rogers , can someone provide a number or contacts to reach out to 

My Credit is not showing in Equifax nor in TransUnion

Good evening @morepratik1616,

Welcome to the Community!

Perhaps your inquiry is best suited for our Credit Operations team. You can contact them via chat. or call at 1 866 346-3430.

Hours of operation:

Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - midnight ET
Saturday: 7:30 am - 9 pm ET
Sunday: 7:30 am - 6 pm ET

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 in conversation