cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers is forcing a contract on me I don’t want

Chrisoula1
I'm here a lot

Hello,

This is a really big problem for me. I did not ask to have my contract renewed. I had called to drop some of the extras, and WITHOUT MY CONSENT my contract ending in Feb 2025 was changed to end in 2026. I have talked to several Rogers reps and one told me to just ignore that the contract has been renewed and the other said that nothing can be done. I’m at my wits end trying to deal with Rogers. I am a senior citizen and cannot afford this service. I’had called to take off the extra services and instead the whole contract was renewed. I had been waiting for the original contract to end in Feb 2025. But now it looks like I’m stuck until 2026 unless I pay a penalty that I can’t afford.

What can I do? Has anyone else had this experience? It is not acceptable to force people to take your services without their consent.

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers is forcing a contract on me I don’t want

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chrisoula1 You never said what changes you wanted to make to your service or what changes were actually made to your service.  If this was done VERY recently, you may have grounds to cancel.  However, if you were an Ignite TV subscriber and made a change to your Ignite package, and wanted the lowest possible price, Rogers may have applied a Term Offer discount and put you onto a new two-year contract.  If your current contract ends in February, 2026, did you actually make this change back in February 2024 and not realize it until now?

Hello, thanks for your reply. My original contract is until Feb 2025. I had some extra services on the TV that I no longer wanted. I called to have then removed. That is all. I did not ask for anything new. I certainly did not ask  for a new contract. I called immediately once I received an email from Rogers and saw that I was now under a new contract that expires in 2026. I called immediately to rectify the situation, and the person I spoke to told me it doesn't mean anything and that I should just ignore it. I left a message on the complaint board, and someone responded. However, the message was that it was too late and nothing can be done. It has been exasperating dealing with the customer service folks. What can I do? I'm not asking for a special rate or new service add-ons. O only want to have my original contract honoured. 

I had asked to have Crave removed and one of the sports package and a documentary channel add-on that I asked to have removed because I didn't want it. That is the change I asked for. Instead I got a new contract.

I'm paying the same price for the basic TV package under the new contract as I had been under the original. There has been no other change except I'm stuck with Rogers for another year.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chrisoula1 I would contact the @CommunityHelps team by sending them a private message.  I have always found them to be tremendously helpful.  Hopefully they can explain what happened and provide you with options that will work better for you.

Best of luck getting this resolved!

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation