cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Posting Timelines

Caspenard
I've been here awhile

Can you explain why Rogers is the only one of my online bills that consistently takes 3-5 days to post my payment. I pay at a financial institution as I do with all my bills. Payment is credited the day I make it, the delay is on your side resulting in late fees. This seems to be a disingenuous policy.

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Payment Posting Timelines

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

not trying to be a stickler here but it is mentioned on their website HereTimelines for payments to reach us may vary depending on the method of payment used.

If you make a payment directly thru Rogers themselves, not your bank but actual thru rogers like over the phone or online or at a store location that accepts payments, then yes your payment will apply instantly.

But if you insist on paying at the bank, do what I did when I was young, as soon as you open your mail box and get the bill, try to go as soon as possible to the bank,  I used to go very next day to avoid late payments and pay it so that way the payment goes thru on time.

I had lots of friends who used to laugh at me for paying my bills as soon as I got them but in the end I had the last laff because a lot of those friends were constantly forgetting to pay their bills or  paying them really late, sometimes even 2 months late.. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Caspenard wrote:

Can you explain why Rogers is the only one of my online bills that consistently takes 3-5 days to post my payment.

This has been discussed often in this forum.  Please have a look at my previous post on the topic with explanations and suggestions, link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Late-charges/m-p/500994/highlight/true#M29168

Caspenard
I've been here awhile
Thanks all. Wrong forum I guess for someone who was not asking how to avoid what I see as a corporate overreach but was asking why they do it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers do it so they can be paid on time. Perhaps your other bills have some "slack time" built into their due dates.  The Rogers accounting software may be programmed "more aggressively."  Corporations are here to maximize profitability, so this may be one of the ways to do that also.  

I'm glad that Rogers due date is the "real" due date if it means that that date is 3-5 days "later" than it is for other corporations that may have some built in slack because that keeps my automatic payments as late as possible.

Now that you know this, you know how to avoid late charges with Rogers.  You also know that bank payments can take 3-5 business days so you can either do the bank payment "in time", or do some other form of payment that is instantaneous, or auto-pay.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation