cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likewize service its awfull

mauro0831
I've been around

This is close to being a scam because I've been fighting with LikeWize for a month and a half for a simple cell phone repair.

When I bought the cell phone, Rogers advised me to buy the LikeWize insurance that they offer because it was a Samsung Galaxy Fold 5. Since it has such a special screen, I wasn't going to find someone to repair it for me if I didn't go to them directly.

A month and a half ago, a pixel on my screen broke. Being a bit annoying (not really) and considering that they offer the first screen repair for free, I decided to send them my phone to be repaired. Everything was perfect, they didn't charge me. They sent me a refurbished phone in exchange... ignoring that I was never told to back up my information or that they didn't even return my sim card, so I lost all my information, photos, and contacts (which is horrible)... the new phone had a problem with the battery. It wouldn't charge 100%, so I decided to call, and they asked me to send it back.

I received an email a week later saying that the cell phone card was damaged and that I had to pay 129 CAD for the repair. Despite all my discomfort, I did it because I needed my cell phone. I have been waiting a whole month for it to be returned to me, and I still have no news! Rogers told me they could not help me because Likewize was another company, and they gave me a number. When I called, they said I would soon receive an update email (which still hadn't arrived 10 days later).

Honestly, this service is horrible, and I don't recommend it to anyone. I really feel scammed because they charged me for 1 pixel and left me without a cell phone for more than a month.

Mistakes:

1. Offering a free screen repair so that they can return you a phone that is even worse than the one you originally had and thus be able to charge you for the service
  2. Not notifying that all your information will be deleted and you will lose your sim card (so don't send it with your phone)
  3. Repair Service cannot exchange your phone for a repaired cell phone from someone else.
  4. In case they send you a refurbished phone, they should ask you if you are at least okay with it because they didn't, and for 1 pixel, I almost prefer to have it than all this torment.
  5. I feel that Rogers is not responsible for this insurance because it is another company, and the problem becomes ours even though Rogers is paid for this extra "service."

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Likewize service its awfull

fwd1955
I plan to stick around

@CommunityHelps 

How many complaints about LikeWize do you have read before taking action with them?  When will you stop refusing to accept ANY responsibility for their horrid and predatory service.  General Contractors are responsible for the actions (or lack thereof) of their subcontractors.  Rogers' customers are paying the repair insurance premiums to Rogers, who in turn are subcontracting LikeWize to provide the repairs.  Therefore, Rogers, and not LikeWize, are responsible for LikeWize's poor service.  It's time to either force LikeWize to honor their commitments, or find another provider who will.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation