cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Fees

Carlcipriano
I've been here awhile

Is it only ME that has the following problem or have others experienced this as well? Ok so for the past few months I kept hearing from Rogers that they wanted to do whatever they could to help ppl through this difficult time (COVID19)...anyhow, I have a credit limit of 500$ and I have never been over 400, in fact throughout this "difficult" time I have paid my bill on time and in full except for ONE month that I was unable to pay but I called customer service and made a payment arrangement and the following month I paid almost the entire bill off...and the ONLY Almost ready to change to Bell... reason I even let it go that one month was because I took Rogers at their WORD when they told me they wanted to "help me" throughout this blah blah blah.....anyhiw, ever since then of course, not only have I been charged a late fee EVERY month since (even though technically I was NEVER late because I had made a payment arrangemen ) but also, EVERY MONTH like clockwork I get Robocalls almost daily telling me I am late and must pay immediately or my service will be cut off, yet apparently I still have a credit limit of 500 and I have STILL NEVER allowed the bill to go over around 300!! For the last 3 months I have called and stayed on hold and spent literally HOURS every time having to explain this over and over and over to person after person who eventually placate me and assure me all is well and yet the next month it starts all over again...you know, it woukd slmosf be better if they did NOT extend me a 500 dollar credit limit because as it iz it is incredibly insulting to assure me I have this limit, yet month after month while I pay on time and only let my bill get to atound 200 bucks they STILL charge me a late fee each month and have their telemarketers call me daily to tell me if I don't clear up ...uh, what?! There really is NOTHING to clear up!! Screw it, I'm pretty much done, at least I'm not calling them anymore, it's freaking ridiculous,!!!

***Added Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Late Payment Fees

RogersTony

Hello, @Carlcipriano

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're disappointed to hear about the negative experience you've had related to your bill. I can understand how frustrating this must be. We'll need to take a look at your file to see what is going on and find a solution for you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Carlcipriano
I've been here awhile

Hello Tony. Thank you very much for your reply and for your offer to look at my file in order to attempt to solve my customer service issue. Please let me know precisely what information you need from me...btw, I did try to pm you and I am sure that the process is not especially complicated, but for some reason I just cannot seem to figure it out
.....perhaps you could pm me first, and I can reply? In any case I should mention that I have a suspicion that part of the issue that a while ago I asked Rogers customer service to send me a replacement Spen, as the one that came with the phone simply did not work and in fact broke apart like the third or fourth time I took it out of the phone....this was particularly difficult for me to get satisfactory help with and I believe I had to escalate to a supervisor before finally after a good hour or so on the phone they agreed to replace it - lol, just my luck but a week or so later when I got it in the mail, no matter WHAT I tried (and believe me, I spent hours on YouTube trying to figure out what I
I might be doing wrong) I just could not get it to connect with Bluetooth and in addition to that, it did not even work well as a capacitive stylus! So I called Rogers back about this and at this point I was treated like I was some criminal trying to scam Rogers out of another stylus...I was told that in order to replace the stylus (again) I would have to return my PHONE to Rogers so they could ascertain whether the issue was with it or the stylus, an OBVIOUS technique intended to frustrate the customer into giving up - I mean, who is REALLY going to mail their $1000 smartphobe back and wait for weeks on end before (maybe) getting a replacement spen?? I saud as much and offered to mail the stylus back instead,along with the original one that had come with the phone, but tge conversation basically went downhill from there until eventually (and predictably) I became so frustrated that I hung up and ordered an over priced spen from Amazon. In fact, all told I have purchased 3 extra spens and can send u a pic of all 4 of them (including Rogers' useless replacement) which all sit unused on my desk, constant reminders of my idiocy because lets face it, purchasing an over priced smartphone because of the novelty of the spen is kinda ridiculous, given that I could have simply made one myself for nothing if I did not care about the bkuetooth functionality....

Ok ....I am ONLY telling you all this, NOT in order to attempt once more to get a free replacement spen (in fact, as soon as I finish this pm to you I am going to do what I should have done in the first place and send Samsung $30 for a replacement that at least I know will have a great probability of functioning as advertised), but to relay to you one more reason why my suspicion is that there are notes attached to my file that instruct whomever I reach when I call Rogers customer service, to be wary of anything I have tk say etc etc...I worked in customer service for many years and I worked in sales for over 20 years, 10 of which were in telemarketing, and I know how this works...and THIS history of my dealings with customer service, IMO, is most likely why, no matter what my credit limit is and no matter how many payments I make, I am charged a late fee EVERY month and I have to put up with robocalls threatening to cut ofc my service, starting literally 2 DAYS after I make a payment!

Honestly, I am mot even asking you to do anythingb for me- you are more than welcome to read my file and I will provide you with any info you request. In additoon, I know all your calls are recorded, I encourage you to please download them and listen to them all abd judge fir yourself - quite honestly, this is nothingmore than an opportunity for me to vent my frustration to someone, ANYONE who works for Rogers, without having to go through the insufferable process of pressing numbered buttons on my phone for 5 ir 6 dufferent choices abd then sitting on hold for 1/2 hour and then explaining all of this to a Rogers customer service agent and then being on hold once more as I am tranzferrd to a supervisor, after which I would have to once more explain the WHOLE thing again and somehow convince the person on the other end of the phone to overcome his or her natural bias against me (due to whatever negative notes I am certain have been attached to my file), in order to simply tell me "I am sorry, but unless you are willing to put your entire life on hold for a few weeks we cannot help you." (Which is essentially what I would have to do by mailing my smartphone back to Rogers - lets face it, the ability to call someone on the telephone is but one very small function of the incredibly powerful pocket computers we all walk around with every day)...
Okay - that is it!! I promise lol! I feel much better now, having gotten all that off my chest and thank you for actually spending the time to read it haha 😄 😀.....if you need any information at all from me just let me know, and please, feel free to deketemy original post - it is unfair of me after all, to bash tge entire company for my own small issues that, granted, I am at keast in part responsible for. This was sort of a cathartic experience for me, I have no expectations and I am not asking you to do anything...except maybe to look into why Rogers extends me a $500 credit limit, yet montb after month calls me almost daily to leave messages threatening to cut off my service unless my remaining total is paid in full immediately (which is never more than $400, and usually under $250)..

Thank you once again,

Sincerely,

Carl Cipriano

ST77
I've been around

Hi, so have you had any luck was this issue? Was it resolved for you? I am in the same boat with robocalls and texts even though I have a credit limit of $500 and two cellphone lines with them. I sent an email in regards to them also slowing down and limiting my internet service for late payment and denying me log in to my email last month and they have not even responded to that. A customer of over 15 years and this is how they deal with "valued customers" during the pandemic. Cannot get through to customer service for hours and when I finally did through the chat option the rep in AR ended the chat when I questioned why my service was suspended when the bill was paid.

Rogers you need to do better! 

cheech1982
I've been around

I'm a long time Rogers customer, just upgraded to Ignite.  I wouldn't call myself loyal because I'd switch in a heartbeat if my husband let me.  I always pay my bills on time. My bills are due the 3rd of each month.  January 3rd fell on a Sunday.  With the holidays, I didn't get to the payment on December 31st (to have it reflected by Jan 3rd) so I paid it the 4th and was charged $7.44 for a late fee? That's ridiculous and a pretty sad cash grab from Rogers.  I get if someone is late by a couple weeks, 30 days - you can have an escalating late fee but almost $8 for one day after a holiday? I've stomached lots of underhanded rate increases with Rogers over the past 20 years but this is pretty low.  

I have been with Rogers for 33 years. I have had a lot of up and downs with service and customer service.

For the longest time I have paid my Rogers bill with easy web. I have noticed lately that I receive an email stating that my bill has not been paid. But I have paid it on the 1st every month. Then I get charged a late fee. I chatted with a person and she told me to make the payment early, before the due date. Wish I could but funds do not allow for that. I am afraid to go to auto payment because Rogers change there fees without notice. They will take out more funds then the last bill and I will have to try and get funds back and that is a laugh in itself.

Other places allow a couple of days when electronic payment is used. I understand if a client is new or has a bad track record but when client is been with the company for a number of years. Allowance should be considered.

Why can’t Rogers allow for electronic payments to have time to process?

Greetings @Diane4u!

Thanks so much for joining us in our community forums, we hope you enjoy your stay! I see this is your first time posting so congrats! 🙂

Wow, 33 years is a very long time to remain with the same company and for that we are forever grateful! I understand you've been having some trouble with regards to your payments posting before the due date. If you pay your monthly invoice via online/telephone banking, depending on which financial institution you bank with, it may take between 2-5 business days for your payment to post on your Rogers account. This is normal practice with every bank/company and regretfully, we do not have a way to speed up the process. 

You mentioned that due to your personal situation, you are only able to make your payment on the 1st of each month. That is totally understandable. What I would suggest as a solution is to request to have your billing cycle date changed, which will in turn change your payment due date to a later date to help meet your needs. You can make this request using any of our support avenues (phone, Live Chat, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or you may send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we'll be more than happy to assist. 🙂

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Another option would be to make your payments via self-serve by credit card which can be done by phone through our IVR system or by logging into your MyRogers profile online at Rogers.com. Credit card payments post to your account immediately.

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura

I had a ignite internet connection which was canceled on April 08, 2021. But Rogers sent me a bill of $133.33 then I had a chat with the agent on April 22nd. I tried to get clarification with an agent if they can adjust payment this month then I will pay whatever I owe Rogers, Agent told me he cannot adjust the bill then I gave me the choice to pay the full amount in advance rogers will refund or wait for next month for rogers to send a revised invoice. I prefer to wait for the revised bill. And I confirmed to him if I wait is there be any penalty for not paying, he said no. I have a copy of the chat.
But now I got a revised invoice with late payment charges which is not acceptable, this looks to me as a fraud.
I again today talked to the agent and he/she threaten to report to credit department as they said they will not refund late fee charges which was not supposed to payed by me.

RSLOW
I plan to stick around
Roger says they want to help because it’s a good PR, in practice they are not here to help they are here to be punitive and gouges for every last time they can legally get away with through all forms of fine print and trickery. I pay my bill every month but sometimes I go late. Rogers charges a late fee and late interest for going late. I’m not disputing that. However, when they charge a $50 reconnection fee or suspension fee that’s greed. It is not 1980 anymore, no one needs to climb a utility pole and disconnect to reconnect the wire. All of their collection attempts when you’re slightly late or automated as is the disconnection and reconnection process. Therefore there’s no need to charge us an additional $50 on top of late fee and late interest. This is a fine print based fee purely there still because of Rogers greed. I am sick and they don’t care they treat me like garbage and recite the fine print to me. I spent three hours trying to speak to a supervisor last night and it took me over two hours to speak to one today. When Roger says they are there to helpIt’s all lies lip service and PR spin, they do not care you are a faceless piggy bank for them to gouge and they have proved this to me time and time again over the last 15 years. Rogers please do away with your $50 suspension fee it’s not based in reality no one claims the utility pole to change service anymore.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but disconnection/reconnection Fee's are not new and not exclusive to Rogers.  There is a reason for them, its to Discourage the people who constantly pay their bills late.  Also if you are running a business and you sell goods and services to your company, you kind of need the money to pay for your network maintenance, employees, vendors, rent, utilities, etc.   so the longer it takes to collect this, it hurts the company so this is how they can compensate for it.   Lets just say companies have done their homework I also come from a business background, Lets just say the disconnection/reconnection fees helps reduce the amount of people who have delinquent accounts. Its proven and it works. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is the cold hard truth.

RSLOW
I plan to stick around

Rogers healthy late fees, late interest along with their healthy profit margin, well in excess of their operating expenses (of which billing and collections are baked in)  more than cover any and all collection activity, which is automated and does not increase said expenses.  Rogers late fees and interest charges are enough of a deterrent to prevent those with the ability to pay on time every month, from paying late.  I am not talking about people who go delinquent for months, services turned off, manual collection services required. I'm happy for you, that you, like Rogers, never make a mistake, never pays late, always does everything right. The rest of us less than perfect souls that struggle financially from time to time, don't like being kicked when we are down after we have paid among the highest rates for our telecom services in the world to begin with, paid our past due balance, as well as healthy late fees. $50 on top of late fees is excessive, punitive, and fee no longer based in any real world expenditure incurred by Rogers for customers going slightly past due. I am not asking for free service. I am not say late fees and interest which act as a deterrent and more than offset any collection activities,  are should be done away with. Those are based in logic.  This is Rogers greed. They do not care because they know we will be treated just as poorly by the other 2 members of the big 3 that engage in defacto price fixing where NONE will compete below a certain price point for services because it's more profitable for all 3 if they do not compete with each other. This is known the world over and part of why we pay among the highest rates in the world.  All this said, $50 charged to people in a moment of struggle, after having already received full payment and late fees, is excessive. You have more than a pound of flesh Rogers, why take more on top of more? That's called un caring corporate greed.  I fully understand how businesses work, balance sheets and profit and loss statements having worked years as a bookkeeper.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You are allowed to vent your frustration, but in the end, when you signed up to their services, you read and accepted their terms of service that you will pay your bill on time and in a timely manner or be subject to late penalty and/or disconnection/reconnection fees.   You were aware of the terms and agreed to them, if you do not agree to them, then by all means take your business elsewhere, but this is standard and pretty common terms and conditions for all Telecommunications providers.  You will have a very hard time finding one with different terms,   In fact I know of one company, wont say their name, but they don't even give you the two weeks to pay your bill, they want the money right away and will take it out the same day your bill is printed if you have PAP, They also are more strict with Late Fees and Penalties and other hidden charges.   Do you seriously think the grass is greener on the other side?  Rogers is starting to look like a Saint at this point compared to some of the other bad apples out there. By all means you are allowed to be frustrated, but you wont find a provider that is more flexible than Rogers at this point, so be grateful instead of ungrateful, otherwise feel free to find a provider that handles your bills better.

and why is your late pay fee so much higher then anything i have seen ... i was owing 114$ and I was charged over 8 dollars....  your part of shaw and their rates for late payment are 1/4 of your fees ...

We encourage our customers to sign up for Automatic Payments in order to avoid any chance you may be charged late fees.

You may be eligible to get a $5/mo discount for signing up for Autopay!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 in conversation