Is this phone # from Roger's.
1-888-764-3771

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is This Phone Number Legitimate?

RogersCorey

Hello @Glendamartin!

Yes, that's the number you'd call to reach our tech support. Have you recently contacted us for technical support? If so, it's possible that we're trying to reach you to provide an update.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersCorey

Hello @Glendamartin!

Yes, that's the number you'd call to reach our tech support. Have you recently contacted us for technical support? If so, it's possible that we're trying to reach you to provide an update.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast

Well, this is the number Phonebox, Rogers reseller (MVNO) says to call to port out your number to. I'm not sure if this is correct information. 

Perhaps a mod can chime in? Because Phonebox has zilch on their website on the porting OUT process. Only from "word of mouth" do I know that you can't simply "transfer" your mobile number via Rogers portal to Rogers. 

Greetings @Hmm,

The number posted in this thread 1-888-764-3771 is our number. An easy way to remember it, is that it also translates into 1888ROGERS1.

Are you currently looking to port out your number? I did take a look on the Phonebox website and did find a help article "Am I able to transfer my existing phone number to PhoneBox?" and it did list the steps involved if you do need to port your number over to them. If you do run into an error when completing the steps, then it may ask you to contact your current service provider. In that case you can then reach out to us to assist you with the port out.

Hope that information helps

RogersJermaine

Hi @RogersJermaine 

The issue isn't porting (IN). Phonebox of course wants you to port IN, but not port out. They want you to stay as their customer. 

Phonebox seem to be making many outrageous claims and nothing to back them up. For instance, they claim that you have to  have a zero balance on your account (if you're on a post paid —monthly preauthorized payment).

That's not going to happen because there will always be a balance) before they will allow their customer to port out..

The monthly amount is charged to your credit card but in fact we  have a daily "balance" that's why if you cancel/port out a mobile service with Robelus your bill is almost always pro-rated.

The other is they claim they need several days advance notice for their system to port out your number. You can't make the request on a weekend or public holiday.

PB customers must contact either the provider you're porting out to, or Rogers. But that's unclear as Phonebox, while Canadian based, have staff which seem to be using ChatGPT , Google Translate, or simply have a poor grasp of the English language.  They're being evasive around this even when speaking on the phone. They say call Rogers. 

Typically, you make the port out request with your NEW provider and everything is done seamlessly. In most cases, you'll get an SMS authorizing the port out. And then you wait, usually no more than 4 or 5 hours for the port to complete. 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation