cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am very upset, I got a message claiming I have not returned my equipment but I have.

BensonBear1
I'm here a lot

I returned a nonfunctioning 4K PVR via Canada Post using the label Rogers sent me

I did not want to do this because I feared they would somehow lose it.   I wanted to return it to a store and get an itemized receipt but they would not let me.  

Now the feared thing has actually happened and I received an email saying that I was going to be charged if they did not receive the equipment in seven days.    They gave me a reference to a label to use which was the same label with the same tracking number.

But I have a receipt from Canada Post saying that I gave the package to them, and I can query the Canada Post site and confirm that they received the package over two weeks ago. 

I have an anxiety disorder and this is causing me a lot of problems.  I think they should not require us to give up the equipment without getting a receipt for it from them right then and there.   I realize they can make mistakes but if they are going to make mistakes such that we might be on the hook for it, they should allow for us to avoid this issue, if we want, at some inconvenience to ourselves.   In the past we could return equipment to a store but I was told I could not do that.    If they are going to lose things and blame us, they should let us return things to a  store. 

Now I don't know what is going to happen.     It is making me very upset.   Probably it will be resolved but how do I know this now?  How can I tell and relax?   The box was an old box that didn't even work and they will want to charge me a lot of money for it? This is not right. 

**Added Labels**

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I am very upset, I got a message claiming I have not returned my equipment but I have.

BensonBear1
I'm here a lot

I just can't let this go, now I cannot sleep, since getting this message.   Like I am being  blamed and I did not do anything wrong.   I did just what I was supposed to.  I was afraid this would happen and I was willing to do more to avoid the possible danger.  Now I am afraid to do anything with Rogers.

Re: I am very upset, I got a message claiming I have not returned my equipment but I have.

BensonBear1
I'm here a lot

Again, I realize that no one is perfect and mistakes will be made.   But for people who fear such mistakes, they should be allowed to take extra steps to avoid them.  In this case, going to a store and getting an itemized receipt so they know then and there that the issue is resolved and they won't all of a sudden weeks later find out that it is not resolved and they are on the hook for not returning something that they did in fact return in precisely the manner that was requested.

BensonBear1
I'm here a lot

I waited up all night to call them and they now say that they have received the package and will look for it.   This is not very comforting.   What if they cannot find it?   Why did they have to send this message saying I would be charged when they could check and see that they had received the package?  I tried to ask what would happen if they could not find it but they would not answer.    They just kept saying they would find it and they have never lost a single package ever.  I am very anxious about this.   I want to be able to return my current malfunctioning pvr to a store where I can get a confirmed receipt.   Is there any way this could be done?  I cannot take the stress of waiting weeks hoping they will find a package I have sent them.   I don't even know if they will find this one.

@BensonBear1 wrote:

I waited up all night to call them and they now say that they have received the package and will look for it.   This is not very comforting.   What if they cannot find it?   Why did they have to send this message saying I would be charged when they could check and see that they had received the package?  I tried to ask what would happen if they could not find it but they would not answer.    They just kept saying they would find it and they have never lost a single package ever.  I am very anxious about this.

I'm sure that everything will be okay.  If the Canada Post tracker says that the package has been received by the Rogers return depot, there is nothing more that you can do.  The message that you received was an automated message, and it happened because Rogers was too slow processing their incoming returns.  Rogers knows that they need to improve their processes and process returns more efficiently.

I want to be able to return my current malfunctioning pvr to a store where I can get a confirmed receipt.   Is there any way this could be done?  I cannot take the stress of waiting weeks hoping they will find a package I have sent them.   I don't even know if they will find this one.

Rogers stores have not processed equipment returns since the COVID lockdowns started 3 years ago.  Most Rogers stores are also independently owned and operated and those smaller stores are now just a retail front for selling mobile phones; they are no longer set up to process equipment swaps or returns for TV and Internet, nor do they need to now that Rogers has stopped selling legacy Digital TV and Internet and implemented different processes for servicing their Ignite TV and Internet customers.  This, unfortunately, makes things less convenient for some customers, but also probably will not change unless the focus of the Rogers stores changes.

Hopefully, your return will be located and processed first thing tomorrow morning and your fears will be put to rest.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

I'd be willing to bet that even if Rogers let customers return equipment to the stores, many customers would still get the email warning about unreturned equipment, that has yet to scanned in.

Your Canada Post tracker proof can always be emailed to the Office Of The President (via Contact Us, and then Share A Concern). I doubt that you'll need to do that, but at least there's a way for customers to contact Rogers agents with enough power to cut through red tape.

Consider your posts to be a great way to share some of your frustration and anxiety with other customers. None of this is new or surprising, but I would recommend that you start whistling whenever your mind begins to dwell on this nonsense. It should help lessen some of the anxiety, as you wait for the resolution you desire.

I'll stay up late tonight, so that you can catch up on some needed sleep.

Rogers is terrible for this in October I returned my phone to the store, and they said I didn’t they ended up charging g my $556 terrible company they don’t care about their customers
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 in conversation