cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harassed for 34 cents

Unhappy426
I've been here awhile

Just came here to vent, I got my Rogers bill today, I always pay it as soon as I get it, it’s a actually due December 27th, on the bill they had a 34 cent discrepancy probably from last month, maybe I just didn’t enter it correctly when I paid. The part that was very, very annoying was that they

wanted the 34 cents immediately! WHAT…they couldn’t just as it to the $220.34 I paid for this month? What a way to treat a good customer, I’m almost ready to cancel and go somewhere else. 😡 they got the 34 cents separately…

rogers needs to do better in their customer service…really… 

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Harassed for 34 cents

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With most companies and credit cards if you don't pay the entire amount, you may be charged interest or late payment penalties on the entire amount of the bill.  How this is handled may depend on the accounting system used by the company. Rogers may have done you a favour by asking for the pennies so that late payment is not triggered on your account.

Unhappy426
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the update, I was just annoyed about the immediate demand. It’s 34 cents! I’m all paid up, maybe I’ll just take my time paying in the future, I’m always 3 plus weeks early. 

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

I've had a few minor issues with the Rogers billing computer over the years, but have yet to file a lawsuit (my only suit no longer fits me, so I have nothing intimidating to wear to court).
If you want my "two cents" on this issue, I have a few suggestions on how to get over the billing computer's harsh attitude.
If I'm paying other bills, I will sometimes pay my Rogers bill early, just to get all my monthly bill payments out of my mind.
I also don't mind paying a bit of next month's bill, whenever I add a channel or theme pack (well before the end of my billing date) that has inflated the website total amount.
The extra amount gets credited on my next bill, and that way the billing computer gets some extra money to play with (perhaps placing a few bets on some horse races -- I like: 'Penny for Your Thoughts' in the fifth race at my local Petting Zoo).
If your next bill is $220.68, round it up to $221, so that you avoid another potential mistake.
Rather than getting upset with the arrogant billing computer, simply embrace your humanity and be thankful that you can afford to immediately cover the missing 34 cents without having to raise it with an impromptu harmonica performance at a Subway station (watch your back, so you don't get stabbed -- too soon?).
Another "fun" thing I needed to do one time was to intentionally make a late payment because I was unsure of exactly what the final amount would be. The late fee was under two dollars, but at least I got a chance to let Bill (codename for the billing computer) know that he couldn't rush me this time.
Once that was done, all my future encounters (after rejoining Rogers) with Bill were predictable, and thus less confrontational.
I hope this post has helped others deal with any emotional pain and suffering Bill may have caused them. You are not alone!
Note: The No harassment, No bullying rules within this forum do not apply to Bill -- so don't be surprised if he gets even worse after scanning through this post. 😈

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I avoid all these issues by having all my bills, including Rogers on Auto-Withdrawal. This keeps my money in my "account" until the payment due date and I never have to worry about payments, especially when travelling. 

On top of this, I (Auto) pay my Rogers bill using my Credit Card, which happens to be a Rogers MasterCard. This means I get to keep my money for almost another month when the Credit Card payment comes due and it's automatically withdrawn from my bank account.  I even get cash back on my Rogers MasterCard for my Rogers Bills.

I see absolutely no negatives to this approach and numerous positives.

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around
I missed .9 cents of my rent and got a notice to pay immediately. Just pay it!
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 in conversation