cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got charged for calling by Wi-Fi Calling

Haihai90
I've been around

I have a US-Canada plan with Rogers, and I made a phone call to the US last week, but they charged me for it. I contacted customer support to make sure it wasn't a wrong charge. They said it was valid because I called over Wi-Fi calling. What? I was at home and connected to Wi-Fi calling because the signal wasn't ideal. I confirmed with them that if I turn off Wi-Fi calling, there will be no charge, and they said yes. This is not the first time I've had a US-Canada plan, so this is very unusual. Does anyone have the same problem?

***Added Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Got charged for calling by Wi-Fi Calling

RogersZia

Hi @Haihai90,

Welcome to the Community!

This is a great question, typically when you travel outside of Canada and use Wi-Fi Calling, all outgoing calls and messages made or sent to a nonCanadian number are rated the same as if they had been made on a mobile network. Roaming and/or long distance charges can vary depending on your roaming solution (e.g., Roam Like Home™, Travel Pack, roaming pay-per-use rates).

Do you know if you were billed for the call before the plan change? Did the customer service rep you spoke to recommend any next steps?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation