This morning I noticed there was a new account opened under my name a post paid account, they did not even use my complete name but they still managed to do that this puts Roger’s security in question and it also makes me move to different company, I called customer service to put stop or cancel on this they could create fraud case but did not hold the number or cancel it
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!
I can imagine how frustrating this fraud ordeal has been for you. We can take a look at this for you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
@Nbalacn if Rogers has done nothing in terms of sorting out your credit rating, then you're essentially on your own to fight with Equifax Canada and TransUnion Canada. You're going to have to contest any derogatory statements on your credit report and demand their withdrawal.
out of curiosity, have you reported the incident and any interaction with Rogers to:
1. your local police in order to generate a police report for use with the following agencies:
2. the Canadian Anti-Fraud centre;
3. Equifax Canada and Transunion Canada;
4. the CRTC;
5. Consumer Protection Ontario;
6. The Better Business Bureau of Toronto
Here are the links to those organizations to submit a report/complaint
1. The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre: https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/index-eng.htm
2. Equifax Canada: Check & Monitor Your Credit Report and Credit Score | Equifax
Transunion Canada: Credit Report, Credit Score & Credit Rating | TransUnion Canada
4. Consumer Protection Ontario: https://www.consumerbeware.mgs.gov.on.ca/esearch/compform/english/complaint.jsp
5. The Better Business Bureau of Toronto: BBB: Start with Trust® | Toronto, ON | Better Business Bureau®
When your conversing with the Equifax Canada and Transunion Canada, you should keep the following goals in mind:
1. Complete retraction of any derogatory statements on your credit file that are posted as a result of the fraudulent account;
2. Recalculation of you credit score without those derogatory statements;
3. Confirmation of your contact details to ensure that the thieves have not changed those details in order to support their fraudulent account activities;
4. Placement of a statement on your credit file indicating that you are an Identity Theft victim and any credit reports to any company should be denied without your direct approval, via voice or email to the confirmed contact number or address.
5. You should be able to obtain a credit report from both companies without cost.
When you're dealing with the Equifax Canada and Transunion Canada, you are going to have to be forceful and not take "no" for an answer. The only state that should satisfy you is restoration of you credit file, to where it was prior to the establishment of the fraudulent account. Note that in the case of Equifax Canada, you need proof that an account was created through or impacted by identity theft. Maybe you received that from Rogers, or, maybe not. That is where the police report and report to the Canadian Anti-Fraud centre might come into play. if Rogers doesn't support you, supplying the reports that you need, do not wait for Rogers. Press the issue with Equifax Canada and Transunion Canada and be forceful. They are not your friends, so, basically the consumers are on their own when it comes to disputing reports on file and protecting your credit rating.