cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Channel Changes

Daver1969
I've been here awhile

For the better part of the last week I've been trying to make changes to my Flex Channels - have been on 4 separate chats trying to resolve, the latest issue is that one of the agents put in a work order that's locking down the account - I was told 3 days ago it would take 24 hrs to resolve after they sent a ticket in to the service but here we are with this ongoing issue - anyone suggestions?

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flex Channel Changes

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Daver1969  Not sure what could be holding things up.  Did you have a problem with your Ignite TV account that caused a message such as "A Technical Error Occurred" to pop up when you tried to process the swap, or My Rogers shows fewer Flex Channels that what you should have had?

Normally, if I run into a problem swapping Flex Channels on my own, I will send a private message to @CommunityHelps  and ask them to process a manual swap, and I let them have as much time as they need to process the swap or resolve any issues or errors that they see.

I have also had problems in the past where something got really, really messed up with my account and technical teams had to repair databases that stored what I was subscribed to.

The @CommunityHelps  team can also check the status of your account and any open tickets.  I would send them a private message to get them engaged.  I have always found them to be tremendously helpful.

Daver1969
I've been here awhile

So I'm on Day 10 of trying to make changes to my Flex Channels and about 5 or 6 chat sessions without resolution - same issue pops up " technical error prevents us from making changes try again later" - how could something so easy be so difficult to do?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Daver1969  Rather than using chat, try sending a PM to @CommunityHelps  .  Tell them the changes that you would like to make and they can swap the channels for you.

However, if you are getting that "Technical Error - Try again later" message, your account is in a bad state and you won't be able to make any Flex Channel changes on your own until that underlying problem gets fixed.

When you log into My Rogers and look at the details about your TV service, how many Flex Channels does it say that you are subscribed to?  For Flex 20 + Sports, it should say 28.  If it shows fewer than that, Rogers probably removed (or is about to remove) some of the channels that you had been subscribed to from their lineup... and some cleanup needs to be done before you can process a channel swap on your own.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation