cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything cost too much in canada

Joannerusso1
I've been around

We pay the highest internet fees and phone fees around the world! God forbid you travel. Then it’s $15 a day plus the rest of the  they charge! It’s time to shut Rogers down!!!

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Everything cost too much in canada

RogersRahul

Greetings @Joannerusso1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I understand where you're coming from, but we can't comment on other carriers.

We're doing our best to offer the best in telecommunications, entertainment, and services to help our customers to connect with the things that matter to them. We're constantly reviewing our offers and products. 

Our goal is to offer a whole connected experience to our customers while remaining competitive to other companies offering comparable products and services. I hope this helps you understand our positioning.

Regards,
RogersRahul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersRahul

Greetings @Joannerusso1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I understand where you're coming from, but we can't comment on other carriers.

We're doing our best to offer the best in telecommunications, entertainment, and services to help our customers to connect with the things that matter to them. We're constantly reviewing our offers and products. 

Our goal is to offer a whole connected experience to our customers while remaining competitive to other companies offering comparable products and services. I hope this helps you understand our positioning.

Regards,
RogersRahul

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers has price plans for every budget.  The thing is, you CAN get an affordable cellphone plan that is not overpriced, but it comes at a cost, you will have to stop living like a king and start living like a peasant too, use less talk time, less data, less text messages and dont forget, give up your top of the line phone for a more entry level or mid range.

Remember, there are people in other parts of the world who make a fraction of what we make, do you see them with flashy top of the line iPhone Pro Max, burning thru 80 Gigs of Data? umm nope, they are very frugal with their usage and often use hammy down used phones.  

sickparrot1
I've been here awhile

I will agree that Rogers does not have a good travel plan.  The $15 per day fee works fine for day trips to the US but not for trips to Europe where you spend 2 to 3 weeks.  I travelled to Europe and didn't realize that by disabling roaming on the phone that I was still roaming from Rogers perspective and was being charged.  I had to keep the phone in airplane mode.  My fault but Rogers fault for not offering plans that have International roaming for a flat fee.  I have seen competitors offer plans for 2GB of data and International calling for 1 month at $100 per month.  Instead I paid over $600 in $15 daily charges because I was travelling with my family who also had Rogers (never used the phone outside of WIFI but was still being charged).

As for Internet and Cable, I would say that Rogers has a competitive package.  In particular I like the flex plans that allow you to pick your channels.  Just avoid Rogers mobile plans when travelling.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When in Europe, buy a SIM from a European provider. You can usually get enough talk/text/data for about $30.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation