cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected before disconnection date

mpchd2003
I'm here a lot

I was having Rogers Ignite 500mbps Internet since August 2017. Recently on July 22, I received a written agreement/offer stating that my price would go up by around $21.  So I decided On 23rd July to get it disconnected by August 1st.  The request was given online to one of the chat representation. 

The next day after discussion with my wife, we changed our mind to get Roger's same internet going, and on 24th July around 6 pm (the very next day of canceling) I called Roger's Customer Care.  The lady took more around an hour to cancel the cancellation request. During which she took my Credit Card number and all details twice and even then she could not cancel my request.   Instead of resolving my problem, she disconnected my internet. She started explaining to me to have a new internet connection with 150mbps speed but I wanted the same internet connection. I insisted her to start my connection but she couldn't and said my account could not be reactivated because my wifi equipment has not been returned. 

My question is why would I return my equipment before 1st August and why was my Internet disconnected on 24th July instead of August 1st, 2020? How could my offer expire when it was due to start on July 29th and I withdrew my cancellation request?

The Customer Care Executive (Lady) then connected me to the Customer Relations Department. I, unfortunately, got connected to Kailey and one guy (one of them was a trainee).  She also put me on hold quite often and were talking to each other, which I could clearly hear, I heard the guy talking about food delivered and about his computer classes and about his Call Centre experiences. My connection was still not restored even after 1hour 50 minutes talk.  She then took my Credit Card details again, which I gave, she put me on hold again, started talking with the guy.  After some time, she got back to me and informed me about the new price. I explained it to her that I have in writing the price (increased by $21) and why another new price hike of $5 (which would make it $26). She told me that she does not have with her the written agreement to which I asked how can I send it to her to read and she replied that I can take it to any nearby store and they will check it. I told her but my connection is still not restored yet and she said she will restore my connection now.  She said she restored but my connection was not restored. She told me to restart the modem again but even after some time, it did not work. So I told her that it's still not connected. She told me she will check few things AND GET BACK TO ME and put me on hold. I heard the guy say that I am arguing for $5 (he did not know his microphone was not muted) so I could not stop myself and said that  I am not arguing about $5 but I was concerned about the internet. He heard this and muted his microphone and I waited and waited and waited (only I could hear music…) but she never got back to me rather she transferred my call to FIDO.  I did not know that I was transferred to FIDO. So the guy in Fido was taking my details so he could open my account to check my details because I wanted to talk to the same person as I don’t want to explain over and over again to a different person. But the guy could not pull my account because my account number was not there in FIDO computer system and he kept explaining to me the account number is only 9 characters.   After about 10-15 minutes of conversation and exchange of details, he was able to find out that I am with Rogers. He connected me back to Rogers but there was a long wait and I already waited long enough. My whole call lasted for more than 2 hours. 

Negligent staff, Rude and unprofessional  

*Added Labels*

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Disconnected before disconnection date

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mpchd2003  Hi, and welcome to the Community!

If I were you, I would go to https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

and tell the Rogers management team about your experience.  Don't use the Live Chat option.  Let them know when you called and give them a brief summary of what happened.  The calls are recorded and this sounds like one that they will definitely want to review.  Ideally, you should talk to somebody after they have had the opportunity to investigate what happened on the call in detail.

RogersHarry

Hello @mpchd2003

Thanks so much for your first post!

I do apologize for your experience. I would also be upset if the service was disconnected abruptly. I would love to review everything that transpired on the account and make this right for you. 

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers

RogersHarry

mpchd2003
I'm here a lot
Thank you very much. I am new to this forum so I didn't know where to write. Though I have shared my concern on the link you provided and hopefully, they will get back to me. But if I don't get any reply, what should I do? Do you have any email addresses of higher authorities where I can approach?

Hi.

I was told that somebody would get back to me regarding my grievances/concerns but till today nobody contacted me with the updates, rather I was sent a bill of $143.** to pay.

Good evening @mpchd2003,

Thank you for the update! We're sorry to hear you havent been contacted back since submitting a written complaint via the Share a concern page. They normally get back to you within a maximum of 3 business days. When did you submit the request?

While we truly hope it's resolved since you posted, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further assist you in reaching a satisfactory resolution. Hence why, we replied to your private message yesterday. We have yet to hear back from you. Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

On july 25th i submitted my concern.

Good morning! @mpchd2003

Ahhh, that's strange. There may be a delay.

Would you like us to quickly review your account and see if this can be resolved?

If so, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here.

Cheers

RogersHarry

Hi

Kindly look into my account to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Azshah
I've been here awhile

My net is off for the third straight day because someone at Rogers disconnected my service earlier than December 31st that I have told them. I missed my work and kids their school this is really frustrating and with the experience I had with them I'll make sure never to sign up with them ever again.

Hello @Azshah,

We appreciate you posting your concerns here in the community and would like to extend a warm welcome your way! I'm so sorry to hear that your service was disconnected early in error, we'd definitely like to help! 

Did you have an opportunity to reach out to our Customer Care teams to have this resolved? If so, what was the outcome? If help is still needed, please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can investigate further. We'll do our best to get your services reactivated ASAP! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly!

RogersLaura

Azshah
I've been here awhile
I have been in contact with them since Sunday. They are unable to resolve this mess that was created by themselves.

jmhlin
I've been here awhile
I had the same problem. They disconnected my services 3 weeks before the cancellation date. I called tech support and they said customer care disconnected all my services and then customer support said everything is fine then transfer me back to customer care. I was on hold for 5 hours and got transferred back and forth between customer care and support for 8+ times. Finally, they add back my services and tech support zap my modems but still could not reconnect my services. They sent a tech guy out and took him 1 hour to figure out they put a filter outside the block all the signal. I will wait until my new provider connect everything then put in a cancellation.
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation