cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Nightmare

pollyana
I've been here awhile

I'll start by saying that the retention agent I spoke to was great. He tried as best he could to fix the problem that I'm about to discuss. BUT, I called on 04/03 for an upgrade, my daughter dropped her phone, it's unusable. I was told there was an outstanding balance, the bill was due the day before on the 2nd. He (the agent) told me if I paid it while on the phone, he could proceed. So I did. AFTER I paid, he tells me that if I paid by bank transfer and not a credit card, it wouldn't show up for up to 5 days. So I asked, will the promotion for the iPhone 13 be around for a few days? He told me that although he couldn't guarantee it, it would be around for a while. I call back the next day, the payment still had not posted. I asked again, will the promotion still be around? I am told the same thing, although they cannot guarantee it, it would be around for a while. I call back today and the promotion is over! Now I'm stuck paying more than double what I would have, had the Rogers rep told me to pay by credit card in the first place! I would have paid it twice, on a credit card to guarantee the promotion had I even been given the option. I didn't find out that was even an option till today when I spoke to retention.  I've been a loyal Rogers customer for YEARS and YEARS. I actually switched all of our services from Bell and Telus at my business, to keep everything under one umbrella. I have already set up an Outlook reminder to cancel, all of our work phones and our Unison plan, as that has been a pain to set up and deal with as well. We split a phone to a different line, same bill, same group, then was told AFTER, that it removed that one phone from our shared pool! So that phone now runs about $60 more than all of the other phones. Also, with Unison, the speech to text feature doesn't work on our cell phones if they're tied to our office line!!! That's just the first couple of things off the top of my head. I'm sorry Rogers, but your agents seem to inform their customers of possible issues after it's too late. I'm also going to start shopping for a replacement for my home's Ignite 150. It's a great service, but I think it's time I move on. This just may have been the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Customer Service Nightmare

RogersZia

Good afternoon @pollyana,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience. I realize it could've gone a whole lot smoother. I hope my colleagues were able to address your concerns since you last posted here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

RogersZia

Re: Customer Service Nightmare

pollyana
I've been here awhile
No, they haven’t. And I’m not expecting them to. I’m out $17 a month for 24 months, so $400 or so. I’ll wait till my contractual obligations are done, and I’ll take my combined business and personal accounts elsewhere @ $3000 a month. It’s meaningless to Rogers, but it’s a statement nonetheless. And I’ll be happy to share the story, with anyone who mentions Rogers.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation