cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beyond Frustrated with ROGERS

BonBon2
I've been around

I currently have the ignite tv and internet. My current offer was up on april 28th 2024 so i reached out to change the package, A tech came to the house to install the new ignite fibre, he ran a line to the pole and connected the nokia box in the house but said there was an internal issue with rogers and that he couldnt complete install and to call rogers the next day for a new tech appointment, sine that day its been hectic. I have spoken to dozens of reps and management to get this install finished but they each tell me there is a pending work order and until that is closed out no changes or appointments can be made and that they themselves cannot cancel the pending order. Ive spent days on the phone and all i keep getting is the same response, wait 24-48 hours, the 7 business days. My bill has more than doubled and i have no options available to me. Is there a number for corporate or someone that is above these so called agents???

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Beyond Frustrated with ROGERS

Babylegs1
I'm a reliable contributor

NOKIA box is not ignite tv. That is the wireless 5g internet 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Babylegs1 wrote:

NOKIA box is not ignite tv. That is the wireless 5g internet 

No.  Rogers also uses Nokia Optical Network Terminals (ONT) for their Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) installations.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BonBon2 wrote:

I currently have the ignite tv and internet. My current offer was up on april 28th 2024 so i reached out to change the package, A tech came to the house to install the new ignite fibre, he ran a line to the pole and connected the nokia box in the house but said there was an internal issue with rogers and that he couldnt complete install and to call rogers the next day for a new tech appointment,

With (XGS-PON) FTTH Ignite Internet installations, the techs need to install a Nokia (XS-010X-Q ?) ONT, which allows you to connect devices (via Ethernet) to the fibre network.  They also connect an Ignite Gateway (XB7 or XB8) to the ONT to provide Wi-Fi connectivity within your home and to allow you to manage your in-home network with the HomeConnect app.

Rogers techs have been plagued with provisioning issues lately, that prevent them from completing installations.  Did the tech say how far along he/she/they were able to get through the installation?  What status lights to you see on the Nokia ONT?  Even if the tech was not able to get the Ignite Gateway installed, if the ONT is online, you can try connecting your own router to the Ethernet port on the ONT and get your Internet connectivity back.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation