cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to transfer a Shaw number to Rogers

Puffle
I'm here a lot

So far the transfer from Shaw Mobile to Rogers has gone reasonably well. My family has two phones, and we did them both within 15 minutes of each other.

One phone (iPhone 5s) went very well. Was immediately on Rogers, and the phone number transferred within 15 minutes.

The second phone (iPhons 6s) we immediately on Rogers and working on the temporary number, but it has been almost 24 hours and the number still hasn't transferred. I see it in my account as "ongoing transfer request", but I don't understand why the transfer would be almost instant for one phone but the other takes most than a day. Especially since they were on the same Shaw account.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did it resolve itself or did you need to phone support?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How long to transfer a Shaw number to Rogers

Puffle
I'm here a lot

After 2 days I contacted tech support, and after about 30 minutes they were able to get it transferred. It would not have transferred on its own.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Puffle
I'm here a lot

After 2 days I contacted tech support, and after about 30 minutes they were able to get it transferred. It would not have transferred on its own.

Hi @Puffle,

Welcome to the Community!

It typically takes between 30 minutes and a couple of hours for the number change to go through. I am glad you reached out again to confirm with tech support. Thanks for keeping us posted!

RogersZia

longtimeShaw
I'm here a lot

what is the best way to reach out to "tech support" cuz the online chat is ignored?

By giving Rogers a call using 611 from your Rogers number. The port should be fairly quick. No more than 5 minutes. Sometimes there is some lag with SMS/MMS catching up with the provider change.

thanks it's been 20 hours and counting...

to any SHAW migration customers with # port issues call 1-844-551-1957 for the quickest help to fix

Mohamad4
I've been around

hi, I got my SIM cards from Rogers, but I don't know how to transfer my Shaw number to Rogers??

If someone can assist me with that, that will be great!!!

Good day @Mohamad4 ,

Welcome to Rogers! I hope your migration went smoothly.

Were you able to resolve your phone number transfer concern?

It should have been done following the activation. Therefore, don't hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance.

Cheers!

RogersMaude

Rosemary2
I've been around

We have two lines. We had to call customer service to transfer both numbers as the information on the My Rogers site was incorrectly entered.

I've been on hold with that line for over 1.5 hours.....and counting!  Brutal service.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 in conversation