cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Delayed Programs

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

So, I want to record some programs on CBS but on Sundays there are football games that often go longer than the posted times.

The recording option only allows recording according to the time schedule as opposed to the actual program and over time games mess up those times.

Is there any way to record the programs from the beginning in situations like this??

**Labels added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Recording Delayed Programs

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp : I assume from where you've posted that you're still on Legacy Digital Cable.  If so, the only real option you have is to extend the recording by 1 or 3 hours so that you catch the end and then FF or skip to the beginning of your programme.  The NextBox(es) are not capable of "live updates".

With IgniteTV, the system is supposed to catch these sorts of things but sometimes it doesn't.  The recordings are in the cloud and IgniteTV is supposed to have "live updates".

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

With IgniteTV, the system is supposed to catch these sorts of things but sometimes it doesn't.  The recordings are in the cloud and IgniteTV is supposed to have "live updates".

With Ignite TV, some programs in the Guide are designated as "Live" events and you can expect these to be extended if they run past the scheduled end time.  However, as far as I know, it still requires a human to be "in the loop" to flag that the live event actually is running late and extend the end time... and if that person falls asleep at the switch, then the recording will not get extended.

Ignite TV also automatically pads recordings, starting them a few (30?) seconds before and ending them a few (2?) minutes after the scheduled timeslot.  However, programs following a live event will still get recorded at their scheduled time so if a football game runs late, that late-night talk show you recorded may end up getting cut off.

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

I have ignite and I record programs on CBS every Sunday and no, Ignite does not compensate for the delay.

Ignites does nothing to help delayed programs. With the CBS football schedule, it never knows how long the delay will be.

Extending recordings fills up the storage quite fast. I record 3 programs on CBS on Sunday nights.

I just thought there was a way to start with the program as opposed to the time.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I add an extra 30 minutes to the end of any Sunday timers. Ignite has never caught the extended times automatically.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation