cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Released Content is Missing on Crave

Lisafus
I've been here awhile

I see commercials for new release show/movie now showing on Crave.  But the show/movie is not listed for selection in Crave when I try to watch.  

**Labels Added**

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Newly Released Content is Missing on Crave

RogersZia

Good evening and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @Lisafus,

We'd love to help. Is this specific to a certain show or movie? Maybe the show in question hasn't released yet.

If you've noticed this with multiple shows, may I know how you're accessing the content? What device are you using?

Does it happen over multiple devices or platform? 

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further :).

RogersZia

Lisafus
I've been here awhile

I access Crave through ROD channel 100.  I have noticed in the past with other shows, but most recently with Framing Britney Spears

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lisafus wrote:

1. I access Crave through ROD channel 100. 

2. I have noticed in the past with other shows, but most recently with Framing Britney Spears

1. Try Crave OD, channel 309 (in Toronto).

2. I couldn't find Framing BS either, however, in future make sure you check at the top or bottom of any lists. They sometimes are not added in alphabetical order and I've found many recent releases at the bottom of a list instead of where they should be.

MStone87
I've been around
Piggybacking on this thread, Zack Snyder’s Justice League is released to stream on Crave today and I found it online on my phone, but can’t seem to find it on the Ignite app.

Tried searching the guide which usually gives OD options, but only shows that it’s scheduled to play Saturday night, no streaming option available? I’ve set it to record for PVR, but would love to watch it tonight on my TV instead of waiting.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm on Digital Cable, went to Channel 309 (Crave OD), New Releases, Movies, at the bottom was ZSJL...  So it is available OD.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned earlier, a lot of programming is not properly alphabetized on Rogers 309 OD.  For example, this evening I was looking for "Mare of Easttown" under HBO A-Z.  It was not under "M", but rather near the bottom of the list, along with about 15 other programmes that were also not in alphabetical order.  Is this so difficult?

"Mare" was properly alphabetized under "TV Series"...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This question is not exactly about missing content, rather that I can no longer find my content in the same way as before.

I've been watching "The Sopranos" lately and I found it by going to the Crave On-Demand channel (309) and finding the "tile" for "TV Series". That "tile" is no longer there, even on Channel 100. There is nothing for TV Series that I can find.  The only way I found to get "The Sopranos" is to do a search.  Anyone else notice the "missing" TV series tile?

The Tile used to be at the top right, where "Home Premiere" now resides.  The TV Series tile may be there if you've not used On-Demand in a while, but it will disappear the next time you access it, replaced by Home Premiere.

This change may be due to recent Crave pricing/service announcements...

Edit - after more experimenting, I found a workaround. Go to OD 100 or 309, go to "Channels", select "Crave", Select "HBO", select "A-Z", scroll down to "The Sopranos".  No option for "TV Series", but perhaps I need to do some more experimentation to find another workaround...

Edit 2: One helpful tip is to start to view the next episode if it comes up in the "suggestions" after viewing your current episode. You can then click the "C" button the next time you go to OD and view that programme (within a certain time limit). Unfortunately, the suggestions list doesn't always have the next episode listed.  It often has really weird suggestions like episodes you've already watched, etc.   It's not very bright.  😉

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It looks like things are changing in the OD channels.  The items I mentioned above still apply to channel 100 for me, but channel 309 has changed yet again with different tiles showing today.  This may be due to recent changes regarding Crave offerings:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/cravetv-streaming-service.253873/page-27#post-3135823

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/national-business/crave-does-away-with-999-basic-package-adds-mobi...

Richardson465
I've been here awhile
Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me.

SarJoTO
I've been around

On a related note, because of the packaging changes that @57 mentioned, I've noticed that Super Écran programs / channels are now included with Crave on its streaming apps, and some other providers have updated their packages to indicate clearly that the Super Écran channels are now part of the $20 Crave package.

I am not seeing this reflected yet on Rogers, at least on the classic digital TV platform in Toronto – channels 645/646 are still greyed out, and on-demand programs (channel 644) still say "Free with Subscription".

We don't speak enough French to justify paying any extra for Super Écran ourselves but it would be nice to have that access on the STBs since it seems we're now paying for it anyways.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation