cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a Rogers Cable Box Needed for Each TV?

sdf3456
I've been here awhile

My condo has Rogers Cable, not Rogers Ignite so will need the old cable boxes. I will have 2 TVs. Is there a way around to not having a cable box with my main TV? It’s an eyesore and don’t have a spot for it.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is a Rogers Cable Box Needed for Each TV?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The short answer is no, you need a box for each TV.  They can be purchased for very little or no money these days from friends, relatives, kijiji, etc. You can even get an HDPVR for under $50.  Note the following tips for purchase.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

In spite of the above, it would be theoretically possible to have a single box running to something like a good HDMI splitter or switch to feed two TVs, but that means you have the same signal to each TV and may be just as unsightly as a second box.  Also, how are you going to control that box if you're watching a TV in another room?

It is possible to "hide" the box for the main TV by putting it somewhere out of sight and controlling it using something like an IR blaster/extender to get the remote IR signals to the box.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Is a Rogers Cable Box Needed for Each TV?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The short answer is no, you need a box for each TV.  They can be purchased for very little or no money these days from friends, relatives, kijiji, etc. You can even get an HDPVR for under $50.  Note the following tips for purchase.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

In spite of the above, it would be theoretically possible to have a single box running to something like a good HDMI splitter or switch to feed two TVs, but that means you have the same signal to each TV and may be just as unsightly as a second box.  Also, how are you going to control that box if you're watching a TV in another room?

It is possible to "hide" the box for the main TV by putting it somewhere out of sight and controlling it using something like an IR blaster/extender to get the remote IR signals to the box.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation