cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompetent Service as usual from Rogers - Where is the delivery?????

Shenny007
I'm here a lot

I am so furious with Rogers , as usual, we are being held hostage and Roger's takes no accountability. On Monday, I had called Rogers (ticket#C177909305) about the NextBox that suddenly stopped working, I was told that the model we had was a problem and is defective and that a new one was being sent out immediately, and I should expect it in 1-3 days. It's Thursday, 4 days and no box... no email from Rogers, nothing... when I called to check the status, I was told, it was shipped late Thursday and I will most probably get it next week Wednesday because tomorrow is CANADA DAY!!!???*&^%* LIKE WHAT? Apologizing isn't going to help! The Agent on the 2nd call suggested I should check the mailbox... like DUH? if it was sent shipped on Thursday and it's Thursday, why would I check the mailbox... and does the VPN Box fit in the mailbox. Oh, I just am dumbfounded by Roger's ability to still be in business!!!! BUT it's a monopoly and who is big-enough to challenge ROGERS? Aghhhhhh.......... If this model box is defective, and Roger's knows this... why are they not proactive... advise the Customer and mitigate the situation???

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Incompetent Service as usual from Rogers - Where is the delivery?????

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Shenny007 wrote:

I am so furious with Rogers , as usual, we are being held hostage and Roger's takes no accountability. On Monday, I had called Rogers (ticket#C177909305) about the NextBox that suddenly stopped working, I was told that the model we had was a problem and is defective and that a new one was being sent out 

What is the exact model number of your NextBox?  It should be on the front of the box or underneath or on the back.  It is more likely that you have a signal problem at your home or in your neighbourhood.  You will not be getting a new box because these Digital Cable boxes haven't been manufactured in many years and you will get a refurbished one. If there really is a signal problem rather than a box problem, the refurbished box will not help.

Although I could be mistaken, I don't know of any boxes that recently didn't work with Rogers Legacy Digital Cable, although it is possible that your particular box does have a problem and a refurbished box will fix that problem, but I wanted you to be prepared for disappointment if the problem is not the box, but rather the signal.

Shenny007
I'm here a lot

Thanks Resident Expert for your response.  I spoke to the Tech guy on Monday for over an hour, he tried remote-booting, etc.  We have 2 TVs, the other one is working fine, the signal is fine, in fact, it's excellent as I was told... so it is the box.  NEXTBOX CAV10455HD the box with the red-line bottom.

Food for thought, swap the boxes around and see if the problem box still doesn't work properly in the other location.  You might be absolutely right that the box has failed, but, running that box in the other location should rule out any signal issues within the home.

Shenny007
I'm here a lot

Thanks Resident Expert for your response.  I spoke to the Tech guy on Monday for over an hour, he tried remote-booting, etc.  We have 2 TVs, the other one is working fine, the signal is fine, in fact, it's excellent as I was told... so it is the box.  NEXTBOX CAV10455HD the box with the red-line bottom.

We did that too on Monday...! There's no LED read-out on the box, no time, no channel #, no lights... it's dead!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you swapped the boxes around did you use the power supply from the "working" box, or the one from the box that's not working. Sometimes it can be the power supply in rare instances. That model box is the latest one and should work fine.  There should be no "model problem", just a problem with that particular box or power supply. 

Sometimes unplugging and replugging a few times in a few minutes will get a recalcitrant box to work if it doesn't say "boot" pretty quickly, but you may have already rebooted several times...  Did you try the working box in the location where the problem box was?  Signal can often vary in a home with one location lower than another.

Good Luck. 

Shenny007
I'm here a lot

Thanks again, you appear to be a real Roger's loyalist!  We tried everything, using a different outlet, power-cord change, rebooting at least 5 times, name it and I am pretty sure we tried it.  What irks me is that after all this, the service agent took 4 days to process the ticket and didn't courier the box till Thursday when he said to me online on Monday, that the ticket was sent and the box is on its way on Monday!  The lies or the lasiness or what??? And just as a FYI - this is the 2nd box they have exchanged, it's a rental, back in 2020 just before Covid hit us, they had to replace it.  

@Shenny007 I wouldn't use the term "Roger's loyalist".  @57 is just trying to ensure that you've covered all the possibilities in terms of troubleshooting the dead box., which it appears that you've already done.    Like other Resident Experts, he's recognized for his experience in dealing with issues such as this and is doing what I would probably do, which is to suggest various courses of action to thoroughly troubleshoot the problematic box.  Totally understand your frustration with the situation, but, understand that @57 is attempting to assist you, not attempting to be a "Rogers loyalist".  

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation