cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 49 - BET (Black Entertainment Television)

Kris_
I've been around
The networks name speaks for itself. With the globalization of diversity and community building there are a lot of people including myself that is disappointed that Rogers no longer has this channel for their customers/viewers.
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Channel 49 - BET (Black Entertainment Television)

sokolie
I've been around
I am considering starting a petition!

Shar7766
I've been around

I am so disappointed that Rogers removed BET from the line up. 

I do not think that starting a petition is the answer. I wrote to the President's office at Rogers and they responded to me very quickly.  They do not see these comments that are posted so they said that it's best that people write a letter to their office.  They said that there was a breakdown in negotiations between them and BET, and BET backed out.  They have asked me to also send a letter to the President's office at BET and express my feelings.  I still have yet to do so but plan to do so soon.  Everyone should get together and do this.  Numbers matters.

I felt it was necessary that I voice my concern regarding the removal of BET. This was the one Black entertainment channel that served my community and represented people of colour. It has now been take down for reasons that do not make any sense. It is a must that this channel be resumed as Rogers is suppose to be a company of diversity.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

I no longer watch BET, but just like Oprah's OWN channel, Tyler Perry provides very popular content that often gets delayed in Canada, goes missing, or eventually gets pushed to streaming services.
Sure, Rogers lost Paramount (at least for now), but that channel's huge hit is Yellowstone, which will now be carried by the streaming service Paramount+ CANADA (in the USA, Yellowstone's upcoming season is only airing on the Paramount channel, but NOT its streaming service Paramount+ (Peacock owns the US streaming rights for the first 4 seasons, but can't air the new season yet ... Amazon Prime, Vudu and iTunes carry the new season for the US viewers I believe).
As mentioned by others, BET+ is US streaming service ($10 month), that Canadians can't get, unless perhaps they play the grey-area game of VPN roulette.
So now the waiting game begins for a Canadian version of BET+, or at least a better Canadian distribution deal at least for the Tyler Perry content.
The fact that other Canadian companies still offer BET, probably means it will be best if Bell also dumps BET if the price increase for any upcoming negotiation is outrageous.
Although dollars defeats diversity more often than not, it is refreshing to see a media mogal like Byron Allen beginning to shake things up. 🎬💸💰

Maxine9
I've been around

Disappointed in Rogers. The optics of dumping Black Entertainment Television (BET) is not great! Maybe it's time to take my money and loyalty elsewhere? 

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Money talks, but even loyalty often walks out the front door as soon as it's not happy.
Nobody wants to lose a channel they enjoy, so ask yourself where else can you get the content you are now missing, or miss the most?
The most popular content is often scattered around the internet, but if you can't find it, or don't know how to get around the red tape to get what you want, then you might be better off, or at least happier switching providers, as long as you don't mind switching back perhaps even as soon as December or January if Rogers gets a deal for BET hammered out, and you've found too many other things wrong with your new provider.
If you switch to a competitor and enjoy your time watching BET above all else, then so be it.
You can always return a happier person having sampled the grass on the other side of the fence, regardless of its colour.
Always BET on yourself. Loyalty is overrated. 🎲♣️♦️♠️♥️
Topic Stats