cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Home Monitoring Recording and Memory Card

DJ2can
I've been here awhile

I have had a monitoring system for quite a while.

I had an incident happen last Saturday and when I took my memory card out and put it in my laptop - I got a message saying that the SD card must be formatted.

I formatted the card, put it back in Rogers tab and then waited 5 days before trying to see if it recorded.

Again the same happened and I got a message saying format the SD card.

I formatted it already, so what's the issue? I am using a Sandisk Ultra 128 DB SDXC.

Also one of my cameras have gone blank - and doesn't live stream or I can't view. I tried resetting, unplugging, plugging etc but nothing worked.

What is the solution to the recording though? I need 24/7 recording.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Smart Home Monitoring Recording and Memory Card

RogersJermaine

Greetings @DJ2can,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

The Touchpad is tested to work with a 64GB card, and it is not recommended to use any other size as we would not be able to guarantee that it will function correctly.

Additionally, once you have the card inserted into the touchpad any footage recorded onto it, is formatted to only be viewed on the touchpad. If you do require to view or store any of the footage on your PC, you will need to follow these steps. 
Keep the card inserted in the Touchpad and connect a similar size USB key into the side of the Touchpad located near the SD card slot. On the touchpad screen click on the Camera icon then click on view recordings. You will see an option to "Save to USB". Click on that and you will be able to select in 1 hour increments the time that you want to save over to the USB.

For the issue with not being able to view one of the cameras, can you confirm if you see and LED lights on the camera? There should be 2 Green LED lights on.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

RogersJermaine

Greetings @DJ2can,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

The Touchpad is tested to work with a 64GB card, and it is not recommended to use any other size as we would not be able to guarantee that it will function correctly.

Additionally, once you have the card inserted into the touchpad any footage recorded onto it, is formatted to only be viewed on the touchpad. If you do require to view or store any of the footage on your PC, you will need to follow these steps. 
Keep the card inserted in the Touchpad and connect a similar size USB key into the side of the Touchpad located near the SD card slot. On the touchpad screen click on the Camera icon then click on view recordings. You will see an option to "Save to USB". Click on that and you will be able to select in 1 hour increments the time that you want to save over to the USB.

For the issue with not being able to view one of the cameras, can you confirm if you see and LED lights on the camera? There should be 2 Green LED lights on.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersJermaine

DJ2can
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Noted on the 64GB limit and how to copy over the videos through the tab itself.

For the camera not working - no LED lights are one but the camera is plugged in.

Hello, @DJ2can.

Thank you for confirming the camera is plugged in. Is it possible to plug the camera into a different wall socket? If the power source is not the issue, we can try resetting/re-paring the camera. 

Please chat with us so we can further help bring the camera online. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

DJ2can
I've been here awhile

The socket is working I plugged something else in there to check. The Camera is not working I checked all cables. Reset/repair won't work if there is no power coming to the camera?

The camera went offline after a rain storm.

Hello, @DJ2can

Thanks for those additional details.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the camera or the the power supply for the camera.

Have you tried reaching out to our technical support team for Smart Home Monitoring? You can reach out to them via the methods listed here.

Please let us know if they are able to find a solution for you.

RogersTony

Kennysavoie22
I've been here awhile
I have the same issue and I have a sd card 64 gb class10. 😡

Greetings @Kennysavoie22!

When you say that you "have the same issue" do you mean that your card stopped working after you removed it and formatted it for a laptop?

What brand of memory card do you have? Did you purchase it from a reputable source? There are a lot of fake cards out there that will seem great at first and then stop working swiftly. It happened to me when I bought one from a certain mall in Markham years back. Lesson learned!

Regards,

RogersCorey

It was working when I bought it but after around 2 or 3 weeks i was trying to delete all the video on my smart board and it said the card is currupted and can’t erase nothing so I decide to put it in my laptop and it said the card need to be reformated. That’s a gigastone sd card class10 64gb and I bought it at Walmart.

Hello, @Kennysavoie22

Thanks so much for those additional details. After you got that error message did you try any troubleshooting steps such as a reboot of the touchpad? 

The data on the memory card is encrypted by the touchpad and can only be read or de-encrypted by the touchpad. If you insert the card into any other devices it will reformat the card as a security measure. Please insert the memory card back into the touchpad and then perform a reboot by going into the settings, scroll down to the troubleshooting menu and select reboot touchpad and follow the steps on screen.

Let us know if you are still having issues deleting the videos after trying a reboot.

RogersTony

I received and installed my Rogers smart home monitor today. I’d like to record 24/7 but the response above refers to a touchpad. I don’t have a touchpad, everything is connected to ignite.
So how can I record 24/7?

If I reboot the tablet do you think I will need to paired back all my camera motion sensor etc…?

Hello, @Kennysavoie22 & @Billynomates

@Billynomates - Can you confirm which app you are using to access the camera feed? If you are not using the Touchpad then you would not have the option to record 24/7 as it is recorded locally on the Touchpad.

@Kennysavoie22 - You would not have to repair any of your equipment or sensors after a reboot. It is not the same thing as a factory reset which would require you to setup the touchpad again.

RogersTony

Billynomates
I've been here awhile

Thank you@RogersTony
where can I find those recordings in the app?

Hello, @Billynomates

My apologies for the error in my post above I have made an edit to my previous post with more clarity.

RogersTony

Billynomates
I've been here awhile

I'm using the Smart Home Monitoring app. How do I get the touchpad and do you know the cost?

Hello, @Billynomates

You would need to upgrade to our home security packages in order to benefit from the 24/7 recording. 

You can find the details here.

RogersTony

I Purchased a Scandisk 64GB SDXC UHS-I Card, as I was told by ROGERS and the disk is physically too big to fit in slot.

Hello @Harrisonllf 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's disappointing to hear that the SD card that you were told to purchase did not fit in your touchpad. Our older model touchpads did use the full sized SD cards. 

The newer touchpads would require a Micro SD card.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation