cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Home App Activity Log

Speg80
I'm here a lot

Why does my activity log only show door sensor activity and not any motion? I have all filters turned off

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Smart Home App Activity Log

Hello again, @Speg80

By default, the motion sensors will only detect motion during the Armed Away state.

There are different functions you can adjust with the motion sensor so that it will register motion on the Touchscreen and event logs but if this option is selected the sensor will not trigger the alarm for motion sensor events even during the Armed Away state. Having the motion sensor detect motion at all times will drain the battery in the sensor much faster as it will always be active.

If you wish the change the motion sensor function, press on Settings, enter the tech code 4381, then enter the tech ID 1111. Tap on sensors and zones, then edit sensors and zones and then select the specific motion sensor you'd like to detect motion at all times. Select the zone function 24-Hour Inform/Monitor24hr.

Please be advised, if you select this zone function it will not trigger the alarm for any motion sensor events in ANY armed state.

RogersTony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersTony

Hello, @Speg80

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks so much for posting your concern to the community.

By default, the motion sensor is only active during the Armed Away state. If it was active during all states then it could trigger the alarm when in the Armed Stay or Armed Night modes. It may be possible to have motion sensors active in other armed states but this is not recommended as it can cause false alarms.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

why it wouldn't log motion the same as an open or closed door sensor when the system is disarmed?

Hello again, @Speg80

By default, the motion sensors will only detect motion during the Armed Away state.

There are different functions you can adjust with the motion sensor so that it will register motion on the Touchscreen and event logs but if this option is selected the sensor will not trigger the alarm for motion sensor events even during the Armed Away state. Having the motion sensor detect motion at all times will drain the battery in the sensor much faster as it will always be active.

If you wish the change the motion sensor function, press on Settings, enter the tech code 4381, then enter the tech ID 1111. Tap on sensors and zones, then edit sensors and zones and then select the specific motion sensor you'd like to detect motion at all times. Select the zone function 24-Hour Inform/Monitor24hr.

Please be advised, if you select this zone function it will not trigger the alarm for any motion sensor events in ANY armed state.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation