cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keypad LED not Working

SidneyT
I'm here a lot

Hi,

I have DSC alarm integrated with Rogers smart home for few years. Recently I notice the zone LED on DSC keypad is not response when motion detected and I talk to tech support and they say this is correct. 

I believe it was working before, any idea? is anywhere the DSC keypad can enable the led?

Thanks,

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Keypad LED not Working

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SidneyT wrote:

If your system is also used DSC with Rogers smart home, then my keypad should work the same as yours.

As I mentioned in post 2, I am not with Rogers. Just giving tips regarding the DSC panel...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On my old, PC1500 panel, if the memory light comes on, I need to press * 3 to see the affected zone.  You should be able to download a manual for your particular panel online somewhere.

If you're talking about the zone light coming on when there is motion in a particular area, it certainly does come on for me on my panel. I'm not on Rogers.  I'm with The Monitoring Centre.

Have you tried different zones?  Perhaps one is misbehaving? 

SidneyT
I'm here a lot

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, basically the door sensor is working except the two motion on two different zone. Motion sensor is working, it just the zone state light on keypad is not showing me when motion detect.

I do remember I am able to see all of motion activity form the Rogers touchscreen but not now. I was told by support the activity only show when zone is triggered, which I don't think so. if door and window activity are able to record in the log, why not motion?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do the "non-working" zones set off the alarm system when armed?

I have a delay set before the alarm system calls in, so it's easy for me to test my system without sending out a true alarm.  This also allows me to turn off the alarm, before it calls in, if I trigger a zone inadvertently. 

I have my alarm system programmed for an "at home" mode which allows me to walk around the house (by defeating one zone motion sensor) without triggering an alarm and an "away" mode which uses all zones.

SidneyT
I'm here a lot

Hi,

Thank you for your replay, what do you mean "Do the "non-working" zones set off the alarm system when armed?"

I think my problem is the zone light LED on the keypad panel (original DSC keypad not touchscreen) should still respond to the state of my window, door, and motion detector even system is disarmed? The led is on/off when the door and window open and close but not a motion for now.

The Rogers touch-screen only logs door and window activity even system is disarmed but not the motion detector, is this is correct.

I am 100% sure my DSC keypad was on/off when motion detect even when the system is disarmed, but not sure when it changes.

Thanks,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SidneyT wrote:  Thank you for your reply, what do you mean "Do the "non-working" zones set off the alarm system when armed?"

What I mean is:

1. Arm your system as though you were leaving the house.

2. Walk in front of one of the motion detectors that currently don't light up your on your panel.

Does your alarm go off?  I want to be sure that your system is working properly.

I agree that the zone light on the panel "should still respond to the state of my window, door, and motion detector even system is disarmed".  It does on mine, as I mentioned earlier.  I'm hoping there is nothing wrong with your sensor(s).

SidneyT
I'm here a lot

Will try this during the day time in case scare the people.

If your system is also used DSC with Rogers smart home, then my keypad should work the same as yours.

I don't know how deep knowledge they know about the DSC system. A few years ago when they install their system with my current DSC, the tech guy kill my partition 2, and he claims the Rogers system only working for one partition only. I am ok Rogers only monitoring one partition but that shouldn't kill other partition. Anyway, I got it fixed by myself.

Thanks for your help.

quick update, I just notice that touchscreen actually showing the detect motion just not on the keypad. which means the system is working, just zone led not response on a keypad. I for sure not the keypad problem, I have two keypads and both not respond to the motion state.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SidneyT wrote:

As I mentioned in post 2, I am not with Rogers. Just giving tips regarding the DSC panel...

SidneyT
I'm here a lot

Yes, Totally understand, and thank you for your help.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 in conversation