Wireless Refund

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Wireless Refund

Rogers Msg: Because of a recent billing mistake, we've sent you a refund via secure text. (LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS)
from 12895004678

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Wireless Refund

That would be a phishing scam.

Any refunds would be done via refunding DIRECTLY to you account.

I've Been Around

Oct. 22, 12:29 pm, received a text message that reads, "Rogers Wireless:  An amount of $343.95 was refunded.  To deposit your funds see **LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS** I presume this is a scam.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cvogel wrote:

Oct. 22, 12:29 pm, received a text message that reads, "Rogers Wireless:  An amount of $343.95 was refunded.  To deposit your funds see **LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS** I presume this is a scam.  

Yes, and good on you for your instinct to believe this is a scam. It certainly smells like one.

Any refunds I have received from Rogers were automatically credited on my invoice, or sent to my house as a pay cheque for me to cash at the bank, Never as a text message from a number I do not recognize.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly wrote:

Yes, and good on you for your instinct to believe this is a scam. It certainly smells like one.

Any refunds I have received from Rogers were automatically credited on my invoice, or sent to my house as a pay cheque for me to cash at the bank, Never as a text message from a number I do not recognize.

Even if you recognize the number, phone numbers are regularly spoofed by scammers/telemarketers, so it's always good to be aware of anything out of the ordinary and check back with the corporation in question by contacting them, rather than the other way around.  It's always safest if you contact them through normal means.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

Even if you recognize the number, phone numbers are regularly spoofed by scammers/telemarketers, so it's always good to be aware of anything out of the ordinary and check back with the corporation in question by contacting them, rather than the other way around.  It's always safest if you contact them through normal means.

I agree 101% with that statement. As a consumer, you must do your due diligence if you are unsure of something or if it seems suspicious, call their official channel and clarify

I've Been Around

Got this text message on my wife’s phone:

Your Rogers wireless services is refunding you for the end of the year due to payments on time. Get your refund here: 

xxx

Got the # as well: xxx

Removed URL and number for security reasons (RogersMoin) 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rick1952 wrote:

Got this text message on my wife’s phone:

Your Rogers wireless services is refunding you for the end of the year due to payments on time. Get your refund here: 

xxx

Got the # as well: xxx

Removed URL and number for security reasons (RogersMoin) 

its definitely a scam.  Any time I received a Refund, it shows up on my next months invoice as a CREDIT. There is no need to receive it as a text message and ask for your banking info to deposit when they can simply apply a credit to your invoice,  people need to be made aware of these scams so the scammers dont scam people and eventually stop

I've Been Around

I received a text +1(306) 900-6085 saying”rogers” has sent you an Interact Money Return and is now available. I clicked on the link which showed a refund of $80.60. I did not continue with the process before checking it out. Is this a scam and have I created problems by opening the link?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your post was probably moved to this existing thread on the scam.  Check out earlier posts.  As long as you didn't fill anything out, you're probably OK.  Good on you for checking here first.

Check out the following post for additional info:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Smishing-message-from-quot-ROG...