cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Refund

GriffonK
I've been around

Rogers Msg: Because of a recent billing mistake, we've sent you a refund via secure text. (LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS)
from 12895004678

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Wireless Refund

Hello @Barry42!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post! 👍

I can definitely confirm that the message you received is indeed a scam and was NOT sent by Rogers. As you can see from reading through this thread, you are not the only one who has received this type of message and we are glad that you reached out to confirm before proceeding any further!

Please note that we only send SMS' from shortcodes (4-6 digit numbers) instead of 10-digit phone numbers and we reference the URL: rogers.com.

When receiving any suspicious text messages, DO NOT click on any links/URL in the message as it could contain malicious malware that can harm your phone. You can, however, block the unwanted message using one of the following methods:

• Forward the content of the SMS to 7726 (SPAM), to register it for investigation and blocking from the Rogers network. 
  • Through the Messaging app on your phone, in the Options/Settings, select to block the sender from your phone.

I really hope this information is useful! 

RogersLaura

Hi All,

Got the message to my mobile at 2:05 AM from +1-204-325-5944

Do you think that is it a scam message from Rogers? please advise. Just click the link but I did not select the bank account anything as such. Just come out from that link, did not do anything afterward. there won't be any problem am I right?

Message Content as below:

Dear Customer,

Here is your return from Rogers-Communication.

Please CONFIRM the steps below to claim your funds;

(Removed Potentially Malicious link - RogersTony)

2019-07-06.

Hello and welcome to our Community @srib!

Phishing emails and the like are nefarious. I'll do my utmost best to answer your question as clearly as possible.

If you've clicked a malicious link, we cannot guarantee that your information is secure. Most of the time, you have to download something in order to get infected but hackers can be clever.

What exactly happened when you clicked the link? Did it actually open a website or did it seemingly do nothing? If it did nothing, it's possible it was a dummy link that was embedded with malware.

Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Refund Text Message from "(Rogers Mobile)"

I received a text message at 6:10 PM local time on September 12, 2019 from the number 1 (250) 531-0489 that reads as follows:

(Rogers Mobile);

You've received $75.50CAD due to an overcharged on your mobile wireless billing. See [WEBSITE NOT SHOWN] Rogers.

[WEBSITE NOT SHOWN] substituted for actual website address for security reasons.

I am 100% confident this is a scam.

@MobileCust wrote:

Refund Text Message from "(Rogers Mobile)"

I received a text message at 6:10 PM local time on September 12, 2019 from the number 1 (250) 531-0489 that reads as follows:

(Rogers Mobile);

You've received $75.50CAD due to an overcharged on your mobile wireless billing. See [WEBSITE NOT SHOWN] Rogers.

[WEBSITE NOT SHOWN] substituted for actual website address for security reasons.

I am 100% confident this is a scam.

It DOES sure sound like a scam. One thing I suggest is I would avoid posting the phone number.  Scammers usually spoof their number so for all we know that number could be an innocent persons number who unfortunately is used to spam people and he is now probably getting a lot of unwanted calls and texts from angry people who fall for this scam.

AndrewR
I've been around

I just rec'd a txt:  R.O.G.E.R.S. Dear Customer, we've sent you 75.5 due to an error on your last bill.  Then they gave my a link to go to.  SCAM

rl6
I've been around

Same scam from new number +14377767843

etienne5190
I've been around

Phishing Text message?

I received a text message from a 10 digit phone number at 10:35 PM last night that stated

"Rogers: You have an incoming pending adjustment. Please follow : rogers-acount.site  [appeared to be a link]

I believe this is bogus as previous legit Rogers texts have come from 4 digit numbers.  However, what gave it an air of legitimacy is that I had recently (2 days earlier) changed phones and cell plan at the local Rogers outlet.  I could find no similar message reference in this forum but I believe the message is bogus although the timing relative to my rogers account changes is somewhat curious. Thoughts?

Hello, @etienne5190

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

We appreciate you posting this concerning Text message that was sent to you. You can never be too safe when it comes to fraud and scammers these days.

This is definitely not legitimate and should be forwarded to 7726 (SPAM) and then deleted from your device. We will investigate it and take measures to block these types of messages from our network going forward.

Thanks for your post!

RogersTony

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rl6 wrote:

Same scam from new number +14377767843

I would be careful about posting a phone number publicly on here. Chances are, a con artist who sends such spam will not use his real number, he will disguise or spoof his number with someone else's, sometimes it could be yours, it happened to me, so by publicly posting the number, you are welcoming people who read this web site who may possibly want to send the person a message in retaliation, which the person receiving it may not have a clue their number is being used to spam people, they now may feel threatened. we would not want that imposed on anybody

Dileah16
I've been around

has anyone else gotten a text like this...
Canadian Radio-television Telecommunications Commission: your mobile carrier has sent you a $245.60 adjustment. Data rates may apply. (potential malicious link removed) 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your post was probably moved to this existing thread. This is a scam.

kslui
I plan to stick around

Got a text message from 306-241-XXXX about refund. I am not a Rogers customer now.

Scamp
I've been around

Dec 25 2020.. Received a txt message from 1-902-549-3287 for an etransfer that says"BACK 87.29 FOR DECEMBER".. not owed any credit i think this is a scam

Sues664
I've been around

Text message real or fake. I just received the following text: “ *Carrier Billing# New Msg*: Credit you;$135.60CAD; for the inconvenience caused this week by our network. See: (Removed Malicious Link - RogersTony)
While the phone number identifies as Rogers, I would not expect them to send such a vague message. If fact, I would expect any refund to be directly credited to my account. Needless to say, I did not follow the instructions.

AmberRucks
I've been around
I also just got a text message from 1(306)241-67** that I had a refund. Said “ Monеу baсk frοm roɡerѕ. {Н} tо ѕubmіt.”

Good day @AmberRucks,

Thanks for raising awareness about the last smishing attempt you've noticed on your phone.

This message does contain all the red flags we look for when identifying a fraudulent SMS. Don't forget to forward it to "SPAM" and 

be careful not to activate any link in the text body.

How to forward a text message from your phone to 7726:

1. Touch and hold the message.
  2. Select More.
  3. Select the message you want to forward, then select the arrow in the bottom right corner.
  4. Enter 7726.
  5. Select Send.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Hello
I opened my account and was expecting money in debit card. My account says We’ve credited your account but when I checked my bank account I didn’t see any money back

Good evening @Prabh3 and welcome to the Community!

Please know we do not send out messages or ask you to click on links for returning any funds. Any refunds issued are back to the credit card on file or via cheque in mail. 

I cannot stress enough how important it is to protect your financial information. Please please ensure you're not sharing your financial info over the phone or online especially to unknown senders. 

RogersZia

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Prabh3 wrote:
Hello
I opened my account and was expecting money in debit card. My account says We’ve credited your account but when I checked my bank account I didn’t see any money back

If you are really getting a refund from Rogers, they actually credit your Wireless Account, NOT your credit/interact card.  Check your Rogers account, you will see a credit, this means when you pay your next bill, you will pay less because the money they refunded to you will lower your next bill.

Topic Stats