cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Solution Refund

Jonathan3440
I plan to stick around

Hey, I know Rogers had a 100 visa gift card deal going on with my s8 preorder and I called yesterday about it and the guy on the phone said they haven't started sending them out yet but I got a message today but I can't tell if it's a scam link or not. Can anyone confirm?

The number is 905 866 9610 and the message reads

Rogers Solutions Refund! Collect your money at: ***LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES***

***EDITED LABELS***

63 REPLIES 63

Re: Rogers Solution Refund

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

lornakateryna
I've been around
The scam from 2017 is back. Be aware. Roger's does not send etransfer refunds.

I concur,  these are scams, if you get a refund, they credit it to your bill directly, no one sends them to your bank as a payment.

JHane
I've been here awhile

I received a text tonight saying I had been overcharged on my last bill
I was to go to this link (185158251.60) *removed hyperlink*
to get $135.00
Is this legit or a scam

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JHane that is usually a scam.  If you have any questions about your billing, call customer service or check your billing online.  Customer Service should be able to give you more up to date information that might not be showing on the online bill.  

JHane
I've been here awhile

Thank you

Gemma0901
I've been around

Received a text today about Rogers direct depositing 75 dollars into my account as a refund to my billing. When zi clicked on the link, it asked for answers to my security qurstions and answers for my online banking.
Just thought I'd share to let people know it's a scam. The link looks legit especially when it redirects to the direct deposit page but then after that it would ask for security questions and answers to your online bank account.
Hope rogers can look into this.

I think 400-14 is Rogers. Can you make sure? or can someone from Rogers confirm?

Hey @Wha366,

Thanks for using the Rogers Community Forums to ask your question and congrats on your first post! 😀

Just to clarify, did you initiate a text message conversation using shortcode 40014? Or did they reach out to you first? This shortcode should be for our Credit Operations Team and can be used to report a recent payment or set up payment arrangements for your Rogers account.

I hope this helps! 

RogersLaura

Does Rogers send e transfers for improper billing? I received one but an hesitant to deposit it. Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Samd15: Looks like your post may have been moved to this scam thread.  It's good that you were skeptical. Rogers usually just credits your account.

Rogers Solution Refund

RandyLahey250
I've been around

[R0GERS WIRELESS INC.] - Dear customer, Due to the interruption of our service on Monday 19 April we have decided to give our customers a gift of 60 CAD. We are very sorry for all the inconvenience this breakdown might have caused.

Claim here: *link removed for safety*

713-657-9801 scam [R0GERSSVC]- Dear member, our billing team has recently detected an error in your last invoice. We've sent you a cashback of 123 CAD in result of that mistake.

Received a text , says it’s from Rogers, a link to deposit a refund, scam or authentic ?

Good evening @Rob1957

Thanks for joining the Rogers Community! We hope you're doing well & we're happy to shed some light on this text message you received.

Scammers may try to gather information through text messages/SMS. Usually, these text messages will ask you to visit a specific website or call a certain phone number where you will be asked to provide information. Rogers will never contact you by email, text or phone to ask for personal information including PN and account numbers.

Keep in mind that text messages coming directly from Rogers will originate for four digits numbers (i.e. +8888).

To protect yourself and others, forward suspicious text messages (SMS) to: 7726 (SPAM).

Let us know if you have questions!

RogersMaude

yup its fake/fraudulent. real messages from rogers do NOT come from 10 digit consumer numbers, and if u get a refund/credit, it shows right up on your bill automatically no need to click any refund link, thats also a red flag

WaMan
I've been around

I’m receiving messages like this which are apparently from Rogers.  Is anybody else getting texts like this and what should I do about it?  Thanks

”Info Rogers svg msg: FriendIy reminder $96.78CAD returned.
(Link removed for security reasons - RogersMoin)
Err inv. ROG#17806166303

Hello @WaMan.,

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

We would never process a refund over a text message. Please report spam texts to Rogers by forwarding them to 7726. It’s quick and easy, and it helps us in keeping the network free from malicious messages.

Always remember to avoid entering personal or banking information in suspicious messages or links.

RogersZia

Is this a scam?

So I received a text saying I was overcharged
And that you own me 98$ is this legit or not?

(URL removed for security reasons - RogersMoin)

Thats the URL they using

Hello, @Babiilocks.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

We have discussed similar smishing texts in this thread. We don't send refunds via text message; it would get directly adjusted on your bill. 

Please forward the suspected SPAM message to 7726 (SPAM), and they will be audited and then blocked from the Rogers network as a whole.

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

its a scam, if u do a search for rogers solution refund you will see this has been an ongoing scam and fraud, ignore it
Topic Stats