cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this call real or fake?

Sashaskyy
I've been around

Hello!
We have been receiving calls from a person named Joise, using this number (416) 628-6739. She claims to be associated with Rogers, when I asked her what I had on my account she stated incorrect items. Which set of some red flags for myself. Now She keeps calling, and even though I tell her I’m at work, she gets irritated and hung up on me. I need to know is this number associated with Rogers?

41 REPLIES 41

Re: Is this call real or fake?

Ghie1
I've been around
(877) 732-0890 has been calling at least 2x per day for the past week. I never pick up but when I called the number it gives me a website to check. Caller ID says Rogers.

ChanPatr
I plan to stick around

Sounds suspicious to me ... the website they provided you when you called them back could be a bogus Rogers’ website. Scammers today are quite good at designing websites that look like it belongs to Rogers but is actually phishing for your personal details.

Be careful with returning calls too. I’ve heard of a scams where if you the call the displayed number back, you will incur premium telephone fees. 877 is a toll-free number, so I don’t think this will happen to you. 

m_neal
I've been here awhile

A lady (very confident very professional) called me from this number saying it's Roger's outsourcing customer service for negotiating bundles for saving money. She first asked me for my phone plan - very professional and not immediately into personal info. I then asked to call her back but she said outbound call only. I question if I can't verify who she is by calling back, how can I tell she isn't a scam. She said she has ALL my personal info. I scheduled to ask her to call me back.

PHONE NUMBER: 437.886.3276

REAL OR FAKE???

MN

Hello @m_neal,

Thanks for your post! Hopefully, you're having a great week and are staying safe! 🙂

Whenever I receive a phone call from an unknown number I get a bit weary also. In this day and age, it's really important to be careful of who you share your personal info with. We are glad you are checking in with us to be sure!

Although the phone number you've provided does not look familiar, we sometimes have third party vendors who help us make outbound calls to former and/or existing customers offering special promos. There are definitely some things you can check for to know if the caller is actually from Rogers or not.

If possible, please have a look at post #14 and #16 of this thread where I've shared some details on how to detect if a call is legitimate or not. Hopefully, you will find the information helpful.

Cheers!
RogersLaura

kerrchap
I've been here awhile

I received a cell plan deal for being a current customer. They asked for two pieces of I’d. What do you accept and is this legal? The number used was14378863315 and same csr. Are you currently calling customers with a cell plan offer? Let me know so I can decide to report as scam .

Hey @kerrchap!

We can always check your account to see if there is any offers or calls logged. Safest assumption in any given similar circumstance is that if you have to ask, it's better to air on the safe side. Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here🙂

RogersCorey

kerrchap
I've been here awhile
Yes it was a legit promo. Rogers was able to confirm . Good to know that Rogers is able to check for the future. Thank you it has been resolved.

Hi Andy, I also recently got a call from this number +1 (437-886-3315) just wanted to confirm or not if it was Roger's trying to contact me or fake.

Hello, @Samparadis.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

You can't be too careful these days; like we're discussing in this thread, it's best to reach out to us when in doubt as @kerrchap did in post 28. 

You can also send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Please find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

kerrchap
I've been here awhile

yes I was pleased to learn that Rogers verifies if promo calls are scams or legit from Rogers.  My case was solved.  I know in future tell offerer I'd think about it, contact Rogers and verify if legit then decide to accept/deny offer.

I got a call too from same number...

Reasseau
I've been here awhile
My sister get a call with 1 1 833 892 3338, they say there are roger's seller and try to call me. So I never receive they call... She don't send my number because if they are really you, you have my number in your systeme 😂 ...

Rocker_M
I've been around
I constantly getting calls from 1-877-732-0890. My account is paid before the limit date, I renewed my plan, and I'm still getting those calls. I'm about to make a complaint, because my number is registered to the do not call list, and I'm not supposed to get call like this. It's annoying.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Which do not call list are you registered to? The Government of Canada Do Not Cal List? or the Rogers internal do not call list?

If your a Rogers residential and/or wireless customer and NOT registered on their internal do not call list, they ARE PERMITTED to contact you since you are already doing business with them since your an existing customer.

To stop this, ask to be placed on their INTERNAL do not call list.

Markmark
I've been around

Hello,
I got an Rogers internet bundle offer call from Sam at 732-902-XXXX. I asked for the offer to be emailed to me and got a PDF from samuelxxxxxx@gmail.com.
Is this legitimate?

Edited Personal Information - RogersTony

RedMarvel
I plan to stick around

Be forewarned, yesterday I got my first spam phone call from someone saying they are a Rogers agent and my account had been hacked.  Then they wanted me to log into my computer and click on the Windows button (probably to obtain my IP address).  At that point I said, hang on a minute, give me YOUR phone number and name and I'll verify it belongs to Rogers and call you back.  Needless to say the phone number does NOT belong to Rogers (it was a 929 number). 

I don't have my credit card or bank card linked to my Rogers account so I had no real fear of it being hacked.  (I refuse to do the "auto pay" setup to protect myself from things like this.)

RicoSwavé
I've been around
Me too. They offered me an amazing plan compared to what I have. Thoughts?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Markmark wrote:

Hello,
I got an Rogers internet bundle offer call from Sam at 732-902-XXXX. I asked for the offer to be emailed to me and got a PDF from samuelxxxxxx@gmail.com.
Is this legitimate?

Edited Personal Information - RogersTony

lots of red flags from that. I would be cautious and contact rogers directly thru their official hotline and see if the offer is valid. 

Flyer2730
I've been here awhile

Received a call last week from 1-888-440-0435 and the gentleman says this is Michael calling from Rogers and wanted to offer me an amazing phone plan including IPhone 14 Pro Max.  I got all the information and then told him that I needed to think about it and for him to call me the next day.  That same day my daughter and son-in-law came by and I told them about the deal and at first they got excited and said they too were interested in the plan.  Do you think it is available to them also.  I said the only way to find out was to call him.  He answered right away and said yes we could all get the plan.  When we kept on trying to see if it was legit he gave us his Id that we could google 8884400450.  He did contact me the next day but I said I was not interested.  He has not called me since

Hello, @Flyer2730

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for your post, its important to be vigilant to avoid scams. We should be able to see on your file if the offer quoted is available to you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our [private messaging system? No worries, click here

RogersTony

Flyer2730
I've been here awhile

Hello RogersTony

Thank you for your reply.  I am not sure what kind of information you require to see if this is ligit.  Thanks

Topic Stats