Is this call real or fake?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChanPatr
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is this call real or fake?

Just received a call from 18773987162 a few minutes ago. Caller ID said it was Rogers. Did not pick up and no voice message was left. No idea if it was really Rogers or another phishing scam.

If it really was Rogers, I'm surprised they still rely on cold calling clients. If there was a promotion to be offered, it'll be better if they email or mail it to me.

Provide me a contact number I can verify on their website and a reference number to quote the agent. He/she should then confirm the promotion. If I can't verify the number, I'm not calling back.
Ghie1
I've Been Around

(877) 732-0890 has been calling at least 2x per day for the past week. I never pick up but when I called the number it gives me a website to check. Caller ID says Rogers.
ChanPatr
I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds suspicious to me ... the website they provided you when you called them back could be a bogus Rogers’ website. Scammers today are quite good at designing websites that look like it belongs to Rogers but is actually phishing for your personal details.

Be careful with returning calls too. I’ve heard of a scams where if you the call the displayed number back, you will incur premium telephone fees. 877 is a toll-free number, so I don’t think this will happen to you. 

m_neal
I've Been Here Awhile

A lady (very confident very professional) called me from this number saying it's Roger's outsourcing customer service for negotiating bundles for saving money. She first asked me for my phone plan - very professional and not immediately into personal info. I then asked to call her back but she said outbound call only. I question if I can't verify who she is by calling back, how can I tell she isn't a scam. She said she has ALL my personal info. I scheduled to ask her to call me back.

PHONE NUMBER: 437.886.3276

REAL OR FAKE???

MN

RogersLaura

Hello @m_neal,

Thanks for your post! Hopefully, you're having a great week and are staying safe! 🙂

Whenever I receive a phone call from an unknown number I get a bit weary also. In this day and age, it's really important to be careful of who you share your personal info with. We are glad you are checking in with us to be sure!

Although the phone number you've provided does not look familiar, we sometimes have third party vendors who help us make outbound calls to former and/or existing customers offering special promos. There are definitely some things you can check for to know if the caller is actually from Rogers or not.

If possible, please have a look at post #14 and #16 of this thread where I've shared some details on how to detect if a call is legitimate or not. Hopefully, you will find the information helpful.

Cheers!
RogersLaura

kerrchap
I've Been Here Awhile

I received a cell plan deal for being a current customer. They asked for two pieces of I’d. What do you accept and is this legal? The number used was14378863315 and same csr. Are you currently calling customers with a cell plan offer? Let me know so I can decide to report as scam .

RogersCorey

Hey @kerrchap!

We can always check your account to see if there is any offers or calls logged. Safest assumption in any given similar circumstance is that if you have to ask, it's better to air on the safe side. Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here🙂

RogersCorey

kerrchap
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes it was a legit promo. Rogers was able to confirm . Good to know that Rogers is able to check for the future. Thank you it has been resolved.
Samparadis
I've Been Around

Hi Andy, I also recently got a call from this number +1 (437-886-3315) just wanted to confirm or not if it was Roger's trying to contact me or fake.
RogersMoin

Hello, @Samparadis.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

You can't be too careful these days; like we're discussing in this thread, it's best to reach out to us when in doubt as @kerrchap did in post 28. 

You can also send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Please find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin