cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Rogers Email?

drowhunter
I've been here awhile

I received an email from DONOTREPLY@rci.rogers.com asking me to reset my password. Seems fake.

Hello 0,
Just a friendly reminder to complete your MyRogers registration by clicking Set new password.
Your username is (myactual@email.com)

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fake Rogers Email?

RogersJermaine

Good evening @drowhunter,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can never be too cautious with our email accounts due to the rise in spam/scam emails out there.

In this instance the sender DONOTREPLY@rci.rogers.com is legitimate. Did you recently set up a new account with us? All new account customers will get a MyRogers registration email asking to finish their account set up. The email header should be:
The Subject line – MyRogers: Set a password
Sender - DONOTREPLY@rci.rogers.com

If you did not recently set up a new account, then to be safe please DO NOT forward the original email. Take a screenshot of the email and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled ‘Suspicious Email Received’. It is also important to include the header of the email.

As well for future suspicious emails, please check out our helpful Knowledge Based Article here.

Cheers,
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersJermaine

Good evening @drowhunter,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can never be too cautious with our email accounts due to the rise in spam/scam emails out there.

In this instance the sender DONOTREPLY@rci.rogers.com is legitimate. Did you recently set up a new account with us? All new account customers will get a MyRogers registration email asking to finish their account set up. The email header should be:
The Subject line – MyRogers: Set a password
Sender - DONOTREPLY@rci.rogers.com

If you did not recently set up a new account, then to be safe please DO NOT forward the original email. Take a screenshot of the email and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled ‘Suspicious Email Received’. It is also important to include the header of the email.

As well for future suspicious emails, please check out our helpful Knowledge Based Article here.

Cheers,
RogersJermaine

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it could very well be a genuine email, sometimes activating a service or a package/plan change they auto enroll you with a MyRogers account and this was just part of the script. you could have had an account already and they do not know if you do or not so they send it to everyone after the interaction was done.

I also recicved an email from this address following a call offering me a loyalty discount on my monthly service and an apple Watch then following the email I was sent another email informing me I had ordered a new iPhone 15 which I did not. How do I contact someone regarding this?  Is there a direct number or an email to follow up? 

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Contact the Rogers Fraud Team by leaving a message at: 1-888-383-2080

Not sure of turn around time for this but fingers crossed. 

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation