cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetative calls made from my cellphone

dereklola
I plan to stick around

I made one short call (45sec) this morning - no problem.

The system then repeated the call to the same number (my wife) five times

at approx 1 minute intervals. I did not make those calls. I was in a waiting room

and my phone was beside me on a table showing nothing happening.  To me

it sounds like a system problem - but I am not an expert.

Upon checking I found I was charged for those extra calls - 4x50c + 1x$1 + $3.

Not the end of the world  - won't break my bank account - but I would like it

credited back to my account.

How do i do that?  Have other users had similar problems?

Thx - Derek

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Repetative calls made from my cellphone

RogersMaude

Good evening @dereklola,

Thanks for reaching out! I do understand your concern with regards to the repetitive calls made from your device.

Unfortunately, the Community Forums team does not have access to prepaid lines usage and billing. We would not have the ability to properly assess and investigate the calls in question.

Therefore, you should reach out to our Pay As You Go department for further assistance. 

To do so dial the 1-800-575-9090. Then, choose option 4 and option again (how to contact Rogers). 

At the end of the information on how to reach us, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

Their hours of operations are as follows:

• Mon-Fri: 8 am to 9 pm EST
  • Sat: 8 am to 9 pm EST
  • Sun: 10 am to 8 pm EST

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

dereklola
I plan to stick around

I appreciate the fact that you have replied but the situation is, as I have experienced

before, totally frustrating. Before writing to this forum I did call the number you mentioned

(+4 +4 +1) - after several attempts (because it seems to automatically cut off after several

minutes waiting) - I finally spoke to someone who was also of no use whatsoever -

something like "We aren't allowed to investigate things like that on pre-paid accounts -

try the Community Forums". Now you write essentially the same thing in reverse. Aaaargh.

Using the phone is absolutely fine - I have the $100 prepay account - but Rogers customer

service is no recomendation. I suppose I just have to accept these overcharges.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@dereklolaBut did you get credited for the calls you didn't dial? That's the main thing.  While $3 won't break your bank, it most certainly won't break Rogers' if they refund you. But it's a good will gesture that's worth a lot more.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation