cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as You Go online annual renewal using a credit card

B_E_T
I've been around

The Pay as You Go website allows you to enter a credit card to setup an automatic annual renewal. However, this does NOT activate the feature. You still have to call someone to have them ACTIVATE your auto renewal on the card you've already entered. You find this out when your SIM card stops working on the expiry date and your credit card on file is NOT charged for the annual renewal. This is a horrible website design with no feedback at all that you cannot activate the annual renewal feature while online.

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Pay as You Go online annual renewal using a credit card

RogersYasmine

Hello @B_E_T,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post!! ðŸ˜Š

I can certainly see how it would be inconvenient to find out that you cannot complete the full renewal of your Pay As You Go service on the website. Having a "one-stop-shop" option available via self-serve online would definitely be the ideal situation. 

I'm not sure if you were able to voice your concern when you phoned in, but another way to provide feedback would be to send a message via our Share a Concern page. You will also be provided the opportunity to request a response via email or phone call.

I really hope this helps!

RogersLaura

Talk and text 10, money auto withdrawn from bank, but I still have to carry a balance?

I have the By the Month Talk and Text 10, that has the 50 minutes anytime local calls. I've used about 15 minutes this month, including checking voicemail. I know it hasn't been more, because I've only spoken to my dogs vet, and those conversations were very brief. I text everyone else.

Tonight, I unfortunately had to place a call to the non emergency police line. Half way through, Rogers cut me off and said I had insufficient funds in my account to continue.

Now, this should not be possible. I set up the auto top up specifically to keep this from happening. The money is pulled directly from my account every month. I get a text notification confirming it went through every time. I can see on my statement that they took my money for this service.

Any idea what's going on? the last payment Rogers took was on Aug 4. The call they cut off was Sept. 1. They weren't even due to take payment yet.

I can't call rogers about this, because I can't use my phone.

I can't use their chat service because they refuse to communicate with me once they find out I'm on pay as you go. They just say they can't help paygo customers, and that I have to call.

Am I honestly expected to keep additional money in my Rogers account, even though they auto withdraw every month?

Any help would be appreciated.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

According to the following FAQs, it looks like you should not run out of time...

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/activating-and-topping-up-pay-as-you-go

You may need to activate the "low balance" option...  Have you done that?

If everything seems to be correct at your end, you'll need to call the PAYGo number from another phone, like a landline or a friend's phone. See the instructions below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

Make sure you follow the instructions carefully to talk to a person, or to top up...  You may be able to top-up using MyRogers as discussed in the FAQs...

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

My PayGo was due to expire Monday, September 16 and I usually call the day before to renew for another year using my balance. But since the service is only available Mon-Fri: 8 am to 9 pm EST, I called this today (Friday). Not a problem renewing early because it does not set your renewal date back. Now it expires Sept. 17, 2020.  BTW, if you've been charged for a number of spam texts, this is the time to mention it and you'll be credited.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation