cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message "Failed" when sending texts

ppppppp123
I'm here a lot

Both my wife and myself have Pay as you go plans as well as the same phone models. For the past month we have been getting quite a few "Failed" messages when sending texts from both phones. The strange thing is that some texts are going through while giving us an error message and some are not. Are we having network problems in Kamloops?

***Edited Labels***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Error message "Failed" when sending texts

RogersZia

Good evening @ppppppp123,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

This is quite odd. We'd love to get this issue resolved for you.

I have a few questions to get started:

1) What devices are you and your wife using?

2) Have you tried to reboot the devices?

3) Were there any changes made to your Pay as You Go plan recently?

If you've already rebooted your phones, I would recommend you to reset the network settings for each device. I can share the steps on how to do so once I have more info :).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Hello RogersZia,

Yes it's odd that both phones started acting like this.

1) We both have Samsung A51 phones.

2) Yes I have rebooted both phones.

3) No we haven't made any changes to our Pay as You Go plan.

Jeff

Is this happening everywhere you carry the devices @ppppppp123 or is it happening in a specific location?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Are these Android and you are using the Google messages app? I get this now and then and I can "resend as SMS/MMS" and they go. I think it is a failure somewhere in the Google RCS system.

This can happen at any location.

Yes they are Android phones but we don't use the Goggle message app.

you don't need google messages app to send RCS, you can use the stock Samsung or other vendors app too, if its included.
what you can do is go in the message app settings and see if RCS is turned on and shut it off and see if that helps. it may also be called chat, see if its either chat or rcs or advanced messages and try to turn it off and report back to us

Well I hunted around and can't find anything that says RCS.

then it could be a one time network problem have u tried again? if you still have the issue, can u report it to technical support team?

Jimsammut99
I've been here awhile
All four Roger's phones in our family (London ON) are doing the same thing. This happens at least 4 to 5 times a week. We all have Samsung android phones. It seems that this would be a network issue, not a hardware thing unless Rigets has changed something.

Hey Jimsammut99,

Thank you so much for the info regarding your family's phones. It has been driving us nuts as the texts are going through but then we get a "Failed" error on the random ones. 

Hello and welcome to the Community @Jimsammut99,

I can see how receiving such an error message can be concerning. We'd love to look into this with you. To ensure that we get this resolved for you I'd like to ask you a couple of quick questions.

1. Have you tried to reboot the devices?
  2. What is the make and model of the devices?
  3. Is issue with both sending and receiving?
  4. When did the issue start?
  5. Is issue with some number or all?

@ppppppp123 have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? have you reached out to our technical support team?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

Jimsammut99
I've been here awhile

we reboot each night or every other. 2 samsung a5 and 2 s7 s. just on sending. it started about 6 weeks ago. we seem ton only notice when we text within the 4 numbers on our account but cannot say it has not happened on othwes

ppppppp123
I'm here a lot

Well just to update everyone, the random error we were having with both phones has disappeared. Must be Rogers Magic. Thanks for all your suggestions 😊. I still think it was something happening on the Rogers Network.

Jeff

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 in conversation