$100 voucher discontinued?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?

@blackiewrote:

Yes I do - maybe that is the wrong term?    I purchased an unlocked phone from Best Buy and Rogers will transfer my Sim card from my old phone to the new one since I still have a balance.

No.... I expect I'm the one using the wrong terminology ... I just wanted to understand what was going on .  

To my  way of thinking that would not be a hardware upgrade because Rogers is not supplying you with a phone . Migration makes more sense ... will Rogers charge you for changing the sim  ?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, Rogers won't be charging me for changing the sim card, assuming of course it is the right one for the new phone.   My old one is an old flip phone.    They also offered me 100 mb of data for $10 per month which I may start with or just use free wi-fi where available, which I understand can be risky.   Really don't think I'll use enough to warrant spending mega bucks but that could change!   As an aside I had thought of using the 711 service but I read customer reviews and they were mostly negative.   Anyways Rogers is handy and staff has been very helpful.

They  must really  want to get people  off the anytime plan ...  if they are  going to offer carrots like   unlimited Canada wide and unlimited texting for $20  a month ....    unfortunately  we only need  what we currently pay $7  a month for .... but it is a wonderful  offer if you could use it . 

I think I had mentioned earlier that all of the big three seemed to be getting away from the talk anytime  type plans  but it seems that Bell still has there's and it just seems to  be Rogers and Telus seeming to  insist on the  monthly plan type system . 

I Plan to Stick Around

I only use my cell phone for emegerencies and the odd long long distance call. I have purchased The $100.00 a year pay as you go is perfect for me I never use that much and I have a bal of $141. that is due for renewal Aug 4th. There is no better plan for me
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Marg1That is exactly how I use my PayGo phone and have been renewing annually for $100 for many years. I can still top up with $100 on line when it comes to renewal time, but whenever I have a balance of well over $100, I call the PayGo number ad ask to renew using $100 from my balance instead.

I believe this is now a grandfathered plan and no longer available.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 12 in conversation