cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte on Rogers-ext network

GR66
I plan to stick around

Hi, I'm wondering what is the plan for volte on the Ext network as the 3g network is slowly getting worse and disappearing. All new towers and antennas being put up in the last year have no 3g so whenever there's no Rogers network then you can't use the Ext for calls, just for text and data. I'm just wondering this because my wife and kids are all with another provider and they got volte enabled this week because their 3g network is slowly disappearing also and its hard to sell plans when you can't call with them. Now they can call on volte and when they go to the United States they can also use volte there on roaming because there's no 3g network in the US at all now. In 2 years or so when the 3g networks are all shutting down then Rogers won't be able to market the Ext coverage because we won't be able to use it for calling. Hopefully Rogers has plans to enable volte when using g the Ext network!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Volte on Rogers-ext network

GR66
I plan to stick around
As of last week I can confirm that volte now works on Rogers ext network!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersMaude

Good afternoon @GR66,

Thank you for posting the details of your situation to the Rogers Community!

I can imagine how being unable to use VoLTE for calls while on Rogers Extended Coverage can cause inconveniences. 

While in Canada you can use VoLTE wherever you have an LTE connection on the Roger network. Unfortunately, VoLTE does not work in Extended Coverage (EXT) areas or in Northwestern Ontario.

You will still be able to place a call or text over traditional 2G and 3G networks.

If you're on a VoLTE call and you enter a 2G/3G or Extended Coverage area, your call will not be interrupted. It will seamlessly continue on the available network both on our network or while roaming.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

GR66
I plan to stick around
As of last week I can confirm that volte now works on Rogers ext network!
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation