cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages sending and receiving delay

Mf66
I've been here awhile
This has been going on for a long time for us. Is it normal for it to take several minutes for a message to send? In my household two of us are texting on Rogers and two others on another carrier. The two on Rogers appear to usually be sending and receiving on maybe a four or five minute loop. Messages sit as sending on the Rogers phones for a few minutes and don't arrive on the Rogers phones for up to a few minutes after they are sent by any phone. The two other phones that are not using Rogers consistently have very little latency between themselves, but the Rogers phones have latency issues when texting with them. The issue is consistent on Rogers with both a Pixel and two OnePlus phones tested in our home. My wife and I experience the same behavior at home and away from the home on the Rogers network.
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Text messages sending and receiving delay

RogersZia

Good evening @Mf66,

I know a 4-5 minute delay is pretty significant. How long has this been happening for? Is the delay specific to certain numbers? How is the cell service in and around your location? Do you typically get 5 bars? How is the call quality?

I would recommend you to try and reset the Network settings. Just as an FYI, if you do reset the Network Settings you'll have to save your Wi-Fi info all over again.

Please keep us posted. 

RogersZia

Jimbob54
I've been here awhile

My delay is often hours long. I often receive messages in the middle of the night that were sent in the middle of the afternoon. No idea what the problem could be

Greetings @Jimbob54!

I know these hours long delays must be frustrating but we can definitely help you get to the bottom of them!

I'd like to ask you a few questions, I hope you don't mind!

How long has this issue been ongoing for you? What troubleshooting steps have you tried thus far? Do you live, work or commute in an area with weak or no reception? What kind of device are you using? Do you have sufficient storage space left on your phone to receive messages?

Please let us know so that I can determine the next best steps for you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Jimbob54
I've been here awhile

I’m routinely getting messages delayed for hours, or not being delivered at all. Also frequent message not sent notices, requiring sometimes many retries

Jimbob54
I've been here awhile

Months, maybe years. It’s for sending as well as receiving messages. iPhone and iPad, mostly with other iOS users, and sometimes with Android users

Hi @Jimbob54,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for joining the conversation. I certainly understand how frustrating it can be to experience any delays with sending or receiving text messages. To further assist you, could you please let us know some more information?

What device are you using, and what OS is it currently running?
Are you noticing this issue when you are in a specific area?
Do you have full signal strength?

If you can let us know some more details, we can work together to figure out what is happening.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Jimbob54
I've been here awhile

Thank you

im using iPad iOS 16.3.1 and iPhone iOS 16.2

seems to happen in multiple locations, whether wifi or not

almost always a strong signal

+J

Hey @Jimbob54 !

We appreciate all of the details provided! At this point, I think the best course of action would be to submit a ticket for your issue, and hopefully, our wireless tech folks can investigate further to see what's up! 

If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation