cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 5G speed in Manitoba

hoggerjeff1
I've been here awhile

So I finally got out of the house and away from WiFi with my Note 20 Ultra and saw 5G in the notification bar. I thought, wow, let's check it out. Let's just say I was a little more than disappointed. I got pretty much the same results in both Brandon and Winnipeg. I sure hope this isn't Rogers' idea of 5G...

If you can't see the inserted screenshot, it shows a speed test on fast.com with 4/5 bar signal on 5G with a download throughput of a whopping 1.2Mbps...

Screenshot_20210615-162356_FAST.jpg

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Slow 5G speed in Manitoba

RogersCorey

Greetings @hoggerjeff1!

Those are definitely not ideal speeds but I can troubleshoot and we can figure out what's going on here.

Can you please confirm for me if this device was purchased directly from us or via a third party source?

Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

hoggerjeff1
I've been here awhile
My Note20 Ultra was purchased directly from Samsung Canada.

My wife has a brand new Pixel 5 bought through Roger's and in the same location, hers shows LTE+ with the same 1.2Mbps as I show for 5G. Is a new SIM needed for each of us to get true 5G? We both just transferred our existing ones into the new phones.

I'd like to take a look at your account @hoggerjeff1 to troubleshoot and make sure everything is order.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation