cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Cell Reception between Tillsonburg & Eden Ontario

MotorcycleGrann
I've been here awhile

Where I live, and make most of my calls, is lacking service. I have to rely on WiFi to make calls. My community, "The Meadows", between Tillsonburg and Eden, Ont., can not receive tower service. We are a 55+ community and can not rely on service by Roger's out provider. We shell out $$$ but your towers are unreliable, to provide service. What will you do about that?

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Poor Cell Reception between Tillsonburg & Eden Ontario

RogersCorey

Greetings @MotorcycleGrann!

I had a look at our coverage and we should have full 4G LTE service available between Tillsonburg and Eden.

Have you ever reported this to us officially or is this the first time you've reached out? Do you find that the service is not reliable everywhere in your community or mostly inside your homes? For instance, does reliability seem to improve if you're outside?

Regards,

RogersCorey

MotorcycleGrann
I've been here awhile
Many times I have verbally complained about our lack of service, to be only told to continue using my WiFi app. However, when our internet is down, we are venerable, to not even being able to call 911, in an event of an emergency. Telling me to continue to use my WiFi app is not the solution. I pay Rogers, a good deal of $$, for service, yet, in my own home, it is totally 100% NO SERVICE.

Hello, @MotorcycleGrann

I can certainly understand your concerns here. To clarify, are the signal issues experienced both inside and outside of your home or is it only happening inside the home?

With regards to 911 services, you should still be able to contact 911 if you have a poor signal or even if you have no SIM card in your device.

RogersTony

Yes, both inside and outside. This whole community, 50+ homes is NO SERVICE! We are a 55+ modular home community.
I even had purchased an expensive Cell Booster, as many in this community did. That didn't help. $$$down the drain, as well as my monthly payment to ROGERS. Also, much of the surrounding area outside my community. I often ask myself, why am I paying Rogers, when in my own home/yard, I can not use the cell phone? Thank goodness for WiFi, but at times that is even sketchy!

Hello @MotorcycleGrann,

I definitely see how a weak cellular signal can be disappointing and inconvenient at times. Many of us rely on our cellphones to help stay connected with friends and family. 

Today the Rogers wireless network covers 97% of Canadians from coast to coast. Additionally, you can connect in far reaching places with Extended Coverage, provided at no additional charge. We’re making investments to our existing network coverage areas. They will allow us to deliver even faster data speeds and a more consistent and reliable connection than ever before.

You can get updates on the upgrades we’re making in your area using MyNetwork, available in both desktop and app versions of MyRogers. MyNetwork also allows you to check the real time status of our network for outages, troubleshoot your issues, receive help, and provide feedback on your network experience.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation