cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing International text messages (SMS) issue

userofred
I've been here awhile

Hello, I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm in Canada, and my plan includes unlimited international text.

#1 When I sent messages today to an international number (SMS, not iMessage), it is no longer delivered to the receiver. The messages were delivering fine* earlier today but suddenly stopped. 

#2 *When it was working I noticed something weird when short messages like "Hello!" or "12345" would sometimes not be delivered, but only longer sentences like "Hey, how are you today?" were always fine.

I have also had a Freedom Mobile number tested and messages sent from it to international numbers are delivered fine, but again only longer ones (the short messages still would never be delivered)... no idea why.

I believe when I was on Fido I had no such issues with texting any SMS to International numbers.

I have a case number created in the chat, but not sure that would help. They also reset my network settings on their end, but no help.

Please advise where is the issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Outgoing International text messages (SMS) issue

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Greetings @userofred!

You certainly have reached the right destination. We're sorry to hear about your International SMS mishap. 😬 This is quite strange indeed. Has this issue been resolved since you last posted?

As there has been a case created with regards to this SMS issue you're having, I would suggest awaiting for the results of the investigation. In the event that the issue is not resolved thereafter, feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Regards,

RogersJo 

Re: Outgoing International text messages (SMS) issue

userofred
I've been here awhile

It got fixed itself the next morning, but still short messages like "hi!" / "okay" / "hello" would never be delivered. As the issue with the short messages is the same on Freedom, I suspect that it has something to do with the receiver's side.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation