cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS issues

Shinyballs
I've been here awhile
So..recently on my iPhone I noticed people were not receiving my MMS texts, but I could receive theirs. I didn’t pay much attention as I was set to get a new phone but now with my new Apple 13, the problem still persists. I contacted Rogers support and we ran multiple tests texting MMS texts with no success.. I also went to the retail store, where we also ran the same tests with no success. After multiple frustrating calls to Roger support a ticket was opened.. after waiting patiently for a response I called about my ticket status. I’ve been informed it’s been referred to tier 2 and I shall hear back soon.
27 REPLIES 27

Re: MMS issues

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LordDrakkon wrote:
1. You need to set your iMessage to send as SMS/MMS for each non-Apple contact manually.
2. Carriers have nothing to do with iMessage as all iMessages use data and go through Apple's servers.

1. Not necessary, simply go into the iPhone's Settings - Messages and enable "send as SMS", and it will send an SMS when iMessage is not possible (carrier rates may apply).

2. Also via WiFi.  I never pay for iMessages because I always use WiFi to send, and I don't have data on my pre-paid phone plan. If I'm not connected to WiFi, then an incoming iMessage may reach me as an SMS and I'm charged for that text because I don't have any "free" texts as part of my very inexpensive pre-paid plan.  If you have free texting, then there are no charges.

Joaner
I plan to stick around
@LordDrakkon. How do you set each non Apple device separately? Because absolutely nothing else has helped.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Joaner : Did you try the settings in the iPhone as suggested in my post above yours?

"go into the iPhone's Settings - Messages and enable "send as SMS", and it will send an SMS when iMessage is not possible (carrier rates may apply)."

Joaner
I plan to stick around
I’ve done everything! Likely more than once. Except manually adjusting androids in my contacts, which I don’t know how.

Are you on iOS 17 or iOS 18? I will see if I can find what I sent to a friend about a year ago know because she always had issues where iMessage would not send via SMS/MMS when when it was set as the fallback option for the iMessage app. Is there not an option from the thread/message window for that contact to always send messages in that message window as an SMS/MMS?

Joaner
I plan to stick around
I’m on OS 17 and have an 14 pro

You should update your OS to iOS 18 and also update oMessage to the latest version. Apple can stop features from working when your device is not fully up to date.
Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation