cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSPA+ Coverage - Is it a Rogers Network Alone?

IanY
I've been here awhile

If I use the Rogers Network Coverage map, and I turn off 5G and 4G, leaving only the HSPA+ showing, is it solely a Rogers Network and not a combination of other providers?

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HSPA+ Coverage - Is it a Rogers Network Alone?

RogersMoin

Hello, @IanY.

We're delighted you joined our Community. Thank you for your post.

The Extended Coverage is marked clearly and only appears in the All Coverage selection.

When you travel outside the Rogers network, and your device is no longer connected to the Rogers network, you get connected to Extended Coverage. It is also possible that your device will connect to Extended Coverage within the geographical areas covered by the Rogers network (including in major urban centres) when your device is no longer connected to the Rogers network. On most devices, you'll see EXT or a roaming indicator on your device screen.

You can connect to Rogers Only Network by toggling off Select automatically on your device. Depending on your device, you can also select the network mode, such as HSPA.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

IanY
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply. My question is geared towards the 5G home internet modem. The area I will use it in on the coverage map shows HSPA+ over the area. With the modem, can I force them to only use a Rogers network in the set up? (Nokia model) 5G and 4G show up on the map about 100yards away but it is covered with HSPA+, is that Rogers only?  LakeNet.png

Hello, @IanY.

I appreciate the additional info. The Nokia FastMile 5G Home Internet device is primarily designed to connect with the 5G network. If 5G isn't available, it can connect to 4G/LTE network. This device can't roam; hence, it only connects to Rogers network. 

However, it may not connect to the HSPA+-only network. Try it out, as a 30-day return policy is available to the 5G Home Internet customers.

All the best!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation