cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a physical SIM to an eSIM on the same iPhone

Hmm
I'm a senior enthusiast

Canada has been spared this time (again) with the launch of the iPhone 15 of only having an eSIM option which is now the norm in the USA. The iPhone 14 (US version) also has no physical SIM slot.

iPhones can convert a physical SIM to an eSIM IF the carrier supports it. Rogers does NOT. Unfortunately, I'm not permitted to add a hyperlink in this forum that references this feature on Apple's website. 

I suspect next year around this time, Canada may not be so lucky and the iPhone 16 will likely have the physical SIM option removed and it will be eSIM only.

What, if anything, is Rogers doing to address this issue?

And please don't break the news to us (when the time comes) about having to cough up $10, $15, $20, or any other fee Rogers decides to slap on for switching or trading in a physical SIM for an eSIM. Many of us would rather stick with our physical SIMs if we can (count me in on that).

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Convert a physical SIM to an eSIM on the same iPhone

RogersZia

Hi @Hmm ,

Will you be upgrading to an iPhone 15? There are no changes to the current set up. We'll be happy to keep the Community apprised whenever there's any new information to share.

RogersZia

Re: Convert a physical SIM to an eSIM on the same iPhone

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

I am on iPhone 15 Pro now, and I couldnt transfer my eSIM from iPhone 13 Pro to iPhone 15 Pro. I had to have a Physical SIM into my iPhone 15 Pro to activate the Rogers service on my new iPhone. I was told by the CSR, that there is an ongoing issue with the eSIM functionality on the new iPhone 15 Pro

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation