cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Anyplace TV App - no live stream loading - Error 1501

kfirms1
I'm here a lot

Hi, 

This started happening a few weeks now where I open the Rogers Anyplace TV app on my Google Pixel 3A. When I first start the app and select a channel, nothing loads (the blue coloured waves just keep cycling) and no error is presented. I have to swipe the app away from memory and then open again and then I get this message when selecting any channel: 

CP24 HD is having trouble loading. Please try changing to another channel and back again to resume watching. (1501) 

I have tried:

• On/Off Wifi
  • Uninstalled the app
  • Signed out and in 
  • Restarted Device
  • Successfully signed in via web on Desktop
  • Selecting an On Demand Movie loads and plays successfully in the Android Anyplace TV app

Thanks, 

Kyle

**Labels Added**

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV App - no live stream loading - Error 1501

RogersYasmine

Good day, @kfirms1!

We appreciate you joining us in the Rogers community forums and congrats on this being your first post here! 🙂

Being unable to access certain channel content while using Anyplace TV app can certainly become frustrating, to say the least. We'll do our best to help get to the bottom of this. Thanks for sharing all of the workarounds you have tried, that is extremely helpful!

Can you kindly try clearing your app cache and rebooting your device to see if that helps? Also, are you experiencing this same issue while using the app on any other devices or is this specific to your Google Pixel?

If the above does not help, it may have something to do with your internet connection. Do you find that your internet signal becomes weak or intermittent at times? When the issue is happening, you may want to try running a speed test using this link: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/internet-speedtest

Thanks for working with us to find a solution! We look forward to your response! 

RogersLaura

tyfyu
I've been here awhile

I am having this exact same problem also on a Google Pixel 3A. I have tried all the same things as you to resolve but nothing has worked. This only started happening recently for me as well as I have used Anyplace on this device before. Works fine on desktop and other devices.

Only channel that works is CNN for some reason. All other channels have error 1501...

Laura, I appreciate the trouble shooting steps however it's not my internet connection as I've tried on numerous WiFi and LTE connections and locations.

kfirms1
I'm here a lot
Oh wow you're correct in that CNN is the only channel that seems to be working. So strange.

Rogers, this is clearly not an isolated issue and it would be great to get some insight into this error as we can't access what we're paying for.

Hello @tyfyu,

Welcome to the Community!

It's definitely odd if the issue is specific to just the one device. Can you please confirm if you're able to view the live stream on other devices? Have you noticed if the issue is specific to a location? I would still recommend you to clear the app cache and try again. 

@kfirms1 are you able to view the content on alternate devices?

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

tyfyu
I've been here awhile

Yes I am able to live stream on all other devices except for the Pixel 3A. I have tried in multiple locations on both WiFi and LTE. I have also tried clearing app cache multiple times but result is always Error 1501.

Hello @tyfyu,

Thanks so much for reporting back on the troubleshooting steps. 🙂

It sounds like a ticket may be in order for your specific situation. Can you kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can assist? For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersLaura

Hi could you please provide an update on how to fix this? I have the same issue with the same phone, not being able to watch any channel except CNN live. Please advise on what you found in your research.

tyfyu
I've been here awhile

Unfortunately Rogers has not been able to provide a solution to this problem....

kfirms1
I'm here a lot

Are you also on a Pixel 3A?

I am still having the same issue as everyone else on a Pixel3A. I have tested an iPhone and iPad and both are working as intended. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, AnyPlace will only be available for another 3 weeks...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Anyplace-TV-App/m-p/484748#M53627

Roy_PS
I've been around

I cannot access the service at all beyond the logon screen. It tells me that it is only available in Canada. I get the same error through the app and via desktop, and on multiple devices. This is a Rogers network issue.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As indicated in post 13, AnyPlace is no longer available.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation