cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyplace TV App?

Tmothy12
I'm a Regular

Can you use the Anyplace tv app to set recordings if you don't have the Nextbox Enhanced guide?

***Edited labels***

92 REPLIES 92

Re: Anyplace TV App?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DB107 : If you look at the following Anyplace FAQ you'll see that it only works on certain devices - see second dropdown:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

You’ll need:

• A Rogers Digital TV package subscription.
  • A Rogers SD, HD, or 4K digital box that you rent or own (digital adapters are not supported).
  • An active internet or wireless data connection.
  • A computer with an up-to-date browser to access Anyplace TV online, or a smartphone/tablet running iOS or Android to use the Anyplace TV app.
    • Supported browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE 11
  • A MyRogers profile, with your Rogers Digital TV account linked to it.

Re: Anyplace TV App

JSL2020
I've Been Around
When we try to use browser on Samsung smart TV it says it is not a supported browser.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JSL2020 : If you look at post 66 of this thread, the one above yours, you'll see that your combination is not supported.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JSL2020 wrote:
When we try to use browser on Samsung smart TV it says it is not a supported browser.

Yes, it only supports a small number of Rogers favourite browsers, MS Edge, IE 11, Chrome and Safari. It doesn't even support my default browser, Firefox. But Smart TV browsers are rudimentary and proprietary and you'd hardly expect Rogers to support them. I haven't used the one on my Samsung Smart TV in a long time because I get better results with apps like YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video, etc. However, it would be a brilliant idea for Rogers to develop an Anyplace app for Smart TVs. Not everyone wants to watch on a 2" screen instead of a 55" one.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I received the following e-mail from Rogers today:

We occasionally review and make changes to our products and services as part of our ongoing efforts to deliver experiences that create more value for our customers. As part of these efforts, we sometimes transition from older products and features with low usage. Starting on October 10, 2021, the Rogers Anyplace TV service included with your Rogers Digital TV subscription, will no longer be available. Since this service is accessed through an app and online streaming portal, you’ll no longer be able to view subscribed programming on your computer or mobile devices via Rogers Anyplace TV.

We noticed that you’ve previously downloaded the Rogers Anyplace TV App. To continue streaming, contact us for more information on other options available for you.

The rest of your Rogers TV service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Television Service Provider Code. If you have any questions or no longer wish to subscribe to your Rogers Digital TV service, chat with our virtual assistant Anna for fast, easy support at anna.rogers.com/home

It appears that this will affect anything to do with AnyPlace, however, I was wondering if this affected the guide information in the app and/or browser.  Can we get clarification/confirmation on this @CommunityHelps ?

I assume that if you wish to stream, you now need to switch to IgniteTV? 

Another nail in the coffin of Digital TV...