cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rogers website: very poor performance and sluggish

Hmm
I'm a reliable contributor

I find it's both frustrating and annoying navigating here. It also doesn't play nice with DNS adblockers and more. 

The light colored fonts are also had to see. How do we let Rogers know to improve the site such as using different forum software, perhaps something similar to RFD?

I have a top-tier PC so it's not my PC or browser. It's just sluggish and lacks snappiness. It's also non-intuitive especially the settings and profile information, in my opinion.

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My Rogers website: very poor performance and sluggish

jc277
I plan to stick around

Yes! What is it with the light grey fonts? I suppose it looks "cool" to web designers who are 25 years old with perfect vision. Basic ergonomics would dictate high contrast text such as black on white. Fonts are smaller than necessary too. Having lots of empty whitespace is another annoying web design fad.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Years ago when I was using my PC, I used the chrome extension nosquint plus, which allowed me to change the colours of the text, background, etc. of annoying websites.

I haven't found something for my old android phone that works without being too sluggish when scrolling (like Dark Reader add-on for Firefox, which improves the look of the Rogers website, but it's too painful to scroll ... same sluggishness for other websites too).

Hmm

@jc277 wrote:

Yes! What is it with the light grey fonts? I suppose it looks "cool" to web designers who are 25 years old with perfect vision. Basic ergonomics would dictate high contrast text such as black on white. Fonts are smaller than necessary too. Having lots of empty whitespace is another annoying web design fad.

More likely some 15 year old.😆

My guess is these developer "kids" use dark mode and probably a Mac as their main home PC. Natively Chrome and Edge browser don't support dark mode, but there are extensions for it. 

Let's see if the Shaw crowd will share their opinion on Roger's forum website? My guess is probably not. Their website is actually pretty bad too. That's why most people seem to use Reddit to discuss their issues assuming they have enough karma points to post a comment or issue. 

Hmm

@mebe wrote:
Years ago when I was using my PC, I used the chrome extension nosquint plus, which allowed me to change the colours of the text, background, etc. of annoying websites.

I haven't found something for my old android phone that works without being too sluggish when scrolling (like Dark Reader add-on for Firefox, which improves the look of the Rogers website, but it's too painful to scroll ... same sluggishness for other websites too).

Try Dark Reader for Chrome and Edge, but I don't always like using Dark Mode. There needs to be standardization and light colored grey fonts isn't it. 

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

Since my chrome browser for my phone can't be updated to use dark mode apps, I now just activated the all website dark mode by typing Dark Mode, then choosing Enable, then clicking Relaunch to see this forum and all other sites in dark mode.

To do it, I used this link: chrome://flags

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation