cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-factor authentication turns on by itself.

Tmothy12
I'm a reliable contributor

Please stop re-enabling MFA when I sign on without my permission. I disabled it for a reason, I do not want to be sent on a goose chase to find my phone each time when I try to log in on PC. How do I stop it from turning on again? It feels like I'm getting treated like a child who can't be trusted and needs their smartphone's permission to use the internet.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multi-factor authentication turns on by itself.

RogersJermaine

Hi @Tmothy12,

Thank you for your contributions to the forums and we appreciate your feedback.

Customers with an MFA-enabled account must enable MFA on at least 1 authentication method. Either email or phone number.

We do recommend enabling MFA on both phone number and email for the best experience in case there is an issue with your phone or email, you'll have another option to access your profile.

For more information on multi-factor authentication, check out our FAQ.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RogersJermaine

Hi @Tmothy12,

Thank you for your contributions to the forums and we appreciate your feedback.

Customers with an MFA-enabled account must enable MFA on at least 1 authentication method. Either email or phone number.

We do recommend enabling MFA on both phone number and email for the best experience in case there is an issue with your phone or email, you'll have another option to access your profile.

For more information on multi-factor authentication, check out our FAQ.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Tmothy12
I don't understand, it seems like this is mandatory, not just recommended? When you try to login a pop-up with a button to enable MFA comes up and you are not given the option to say no. I then have to go into account settings and disable it each time.

Is it mandatory now? When I disable it, the next time I try to log-in it says to enable it.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I disabled mine a long ago and it has not asked me to re-enable it

Tmothy12
It only happens when I try to first login to the My Rogers app or website or to the forum. If I'm already signed in nothing happens. Maybe only being enforced to some accounts?

Is there MFA feature in signing in to My Rogers page?

Hi,

I am a new customer migrated from Shaw Mobile after the business merger. Ha trouble, on and off, signing in yo My Rogers page to check my account, billing info, and usage data. After a couple of hours and talking to several different person, I finally managed to sign in.  A person from technical team in Ontario finally resolved it for me. The solution was signing in through rogers.com, and then going to myrogers.com. I found out my password manager and browser was directing to the login page account.rogers.com/( details...xxxxx). It had nothing to do with the choice of internet browser. He insisted on using Google Chrome instead of MS Edge. After cleaning up cookies, browsing histories, and resetting dat, MS Edge also worked fine.

What surprised me beyond my belief was that this 'technical' person insisted Chrome is a better browser, and that even his managers encouraged him to tell his customers to use Chrome.

It appears to me, he was admitting the inefficiency of their technical development/support team. On top of that, it was an unethical business practice. I have no built in preference or favor to either of the two browsers. It only hurt my confidence in Rogers.

I strongly urge you to communicate to the right group of people to stop your technical support people with this kind of silly solutions as a support to your new customers.  He told me Rogers as a company only use Google Chrome and nobody use MS Edge. He also said all financial institutions in Ontario use Chrome. A very DANGEROUSE statement.

For your reference, my call for support originated from Kelowna, BC around  August2 11, 2023, 2:00pm PDT and was routed to several different places including Vancouver and ended at Mississauga, ON.

(keep personal info private)

suz4
I've been here awhile

The exact same thing is happing to me. When I login into Rogers it forces me to enable MFA, so i get an email when I login to Rogers to view my bill and another email when I turn it off (because I don't want it).

It automatically forces me to turn it on when I login...

Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) 

Please ensure the below details are up to date before enabling MFA.

Email address: **********@gmail.com

Wireless recovery number: (***) ***-****

To update, enable and go to profile page.

ENABLE (button)

I can't pass this login without agreeing to ENABLE MFA! Jeez 

suz4
I've been here awhile

After I'm forced to click the ENABLE  button (or I can't access my bill) this window pops up...

Success!

Multi-factor authentication is enabled for the following:

Email address: **********@gmail.com

Wireless recovery number: (***) ***-****

We have sent a confirmation message to the above email address.

Next time you sign in, you may be asked to enter a unique one-time passcode (OTP).

I DON'T WANT MFA!!!!! I WANT TO TURN IF OFF permanently!

and now I get an email, so I go and turn MFA off and the next time I login I go through this same process.

Vorlaufer
I've been here awhile

The exact same time is happening to me, starting about a week ago.  If a member of my household logs into Ignite, they are forced to click on the ENABLE button.  Then I get a call later at work asking me for the code that was sent to my phone, if they log in again.  I keep going in and disabling the multifactor authorization, but it keeps coming back, because the Ignite user has to click on ENABLE.  Very frustrating.  I wonder if Bell Fibre is the same?  I may switch.

angel23
I've been around

Rogers is forcing mandatory MFA on all their clients, to include FIDO and Shaw.

This is becoming quite disfunctional. I have been going through the MFA disabling process and as of today the Save changes button does not work anymore. So once the MFA was enabled, it cannot be turned off anymore.

I would like to see more than pre-formatted answers to this issue from moderators who copy/paste paragraphs from the Rogers instructions. There should be an option to inactivate MFA permanently without having to go through loops everytime the account is accessed. Otherwise, Rogers should start sending paper invoices to their customers.

This whole process is discriminatory towards people who do not have access to their email or recovery phone numbers with SMS and the elderly who is not internet savvy. 

All this under the pretense of extra layers of safety.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 in conversation