cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV interrupted by resolved Amber Alert

STBE
I've been here awhile

When I try to watch live tv with the app, viewing keeps being interrupted by Amber Alert that was resolved 8+ hours ago

***Added Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Live TV interrupted by resolved Amber Alert

MystroFamacon
I've been here awhile

I am still getting it today ... watching the news this morning and that Amber Alert for yesterday is still blaring... Come on Rogers, it was CANCELLED....

Greetings @STBE and @MystroFamacon,

Thank you for sharing your experience with receiving the amber alerts via the Alert Ready service. We understand that receiving the alert multiple times while trying to enjoy a program can be disruptive for some, especially if the matter has since been resolved.

Please note, government regulations mandate that all compatible wireless devices receive these alerts.

Can you please specify which wireless device you were using when the alerts happened? You can also visit Alert Ready’s website here to learn more.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

I am using the web interface with Roger's Ignite. If the Amber Alert has been resolved, which was yesterday afternoon, then why @ 8pm last night and 7am this morning is it still transmitting?

Hi @MystroFamacon,

Thanks for the clarification and we appreciate your feedback on the matter!

Although it is the TV/wireless provider's responsibility to deliver alert messages directly to Canadians over their broadcast and wireless communications platforms (television, radio and LTE-connected wireless devices), it is the government who is in charge of updating/cancelling the alerts that are in progress. I would recommend that you check out the info and FAQs provided on the Alert Ready website for further information: https://www.alertready.ca

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Well.. just to inform you it was on the server side. I talked to one of your techs and the manager. It was a database problem. It affected many people. So don't go placing blame on others when you should go ask people who know what the problem is. My problem got resolved when I told them what the problem was.

Hey @MystroFamacon ,

Unfortunately, we were not made aware that there was a problem on the back end, but I'm glad you were able to get it resolved.

Have a fabulous day!! 🙂

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation